Pioneer 80prs is garbage.

TaylorFade
10+ year member

I fail.
Finally went active with my 80. Had been rather enjoying it on HU power running the OEM fronts in standard mode. Got my 4 channel in, installed my Rainbows, sealed and deadened doors, blah blah blah. Spent some real time in the car.

Switched to network mode, powered it up and got settled in to do some critical listening and tune the crap out of it when BAM!! Unbelievable, overwhelming, ferocious engine noise. What... the... fuck.

Me being me, I go back over everything hoping against hope that it's not the HU. Everything looks good. I know immediately what to do. Lame ass garbage Pioneer needs the stupid fuckin RCAs grounded to the chassis. Really?

And it's still not completely gone. And let me just say that I have NEVER had engine noise in any car I've ever had in any of the installs that I've done. None. Daddy don't roll like that. So, ANY engine noise is unacceptable to me.

And even if one of you knows how to get rid of the rest of it, I thnk it's pretty lame that I have to utilize band aid fixes to eliminate it.

I want a refund for this piece of junk. Not a satisfied customer.

must have blown the pico somehow, and grounding the rcas doesn't completely fix it, you need to open er' up and solder that pico fuse lol

must have blown the pico somehow, and grounding the rcas doesn't completely fix it, you need to open er' up and solder that pico fuse lol
If I open it up, I'm going "Office Space" on it and getting the drz9255 like I should have in the first place.

... but just for shits and giggles... where is this goddamn, lame ass, bullshit, god foresaken pico fuse and what the fuck do I need to do with it?

pico fuse is 100% of the time user error
If, in fact, the 80 has a pico fuse and "user error" means plugging in RCAs, then yeah... totally my fault for hooking it up the same way I did the other 100 HU installs I've done that didn't have noise. The 100% user error is my buying Pioneer in the first place.

If I open it up, I'm going "Office Space" on it and getting the drz9255 like I should have in the first place.
... but just for shits and giggles... where is this goddamn, lame ass, bullshit, god foresaken pico fuse and what the fuck do I need to do with it?
Its not a fuse. Its a small diode that pops. It has a P next to it on the circuit board. You just need to drop a dab of solder on it to bridge the connections.

http://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-10/pioneer-headunit-pico-fuse-fix-*56k*-75438/

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.