Another Critique my build request!!

About to come home from over seas. Wanting to redo the audio in my 2003 g35 sedan.
Metra Dash Kit

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X596 Fine

For door speakers and amp

PPI 600.2 Old or new?

Jbl ms-62 Mehhhh

And for the sub and amp

Kenwood KAC-8105D No

Dcon 12 Yes if you have enough space

How about this?
Yep

A good 4 channel would be much simpler huh?Suggestions?
If you bridge the rear channels for a DCON it would be perfect... How about that? Actually you could run a Dcon on a channel each with this beast...

9f4d2ba3.jpg

About to come home from over seas. Wanting to redo the audio in my 2003 g35 sedan.
Metra Dash Kit

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X596

For door speakers and amp

PPI 600.2

Jbl ms-62

And for the sub and amp

Kenwood KAC-8105D

Dcon 12

How about this?
This sounds pretty good. The KW should be adequate for the DCON with D4 coils and the PPI Phantom 600.2 is a very good Class D 2 ch. for the $.

Personally, I would look for a 1ohm stable sub amp that produces 500 watts rms at 4ohms though for a few bucks more. The DCON with D2 coils would be wired to 4 ohms. This would allow some flexibility in the future if you decided to add another D2 DCON for 1000w rms at 2ohms or a sub that would take more power.

Example: Audio Savings | MB Quart ONYX ONX1.1600D 1600 Watt Mono Block Car Audio Class D Amplifier/Amp

just my.02

Overall could be a pretty decent setup. Get that Dcon in a nice enclosure and you should be pretty happy with just about any of the options you listed.

This sounds pretty good. The KW should be adequate for the DCON with D4 coils and the PPI Phantom 600.2 is a very good Class D 2 ch. for the $.
Personally, I would look for a 1ohm stable sub amp that produces 500 watts rms at 4ohms though for a few bucks more. The DCON with D2 coils would be wired to 4 ohms. This would allow some flexibility in the future if you decided to add another D2 DCON for 1000w rms at 2ohms or a sub that would take more power.

Example: Audio Savings | MB Quart ONYX ONX1.1600D 1600 Watt Mono Block Car Audio Class D Amplifier/Amp

just my.02
Im not using the ppi anymore, I put my latest build up on the bottom, care to take a look?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.