Looking to install subs but not loose trunk space

SubaruKid
10+ year member

im new to this thread and everything sub related so help me out please, share your knowledge

I NEED ENOUGH TRUNK SPACE FOR 4 SETS OF GOLF CLUBS.

my intital idea was put a 8 in the cabin maybe between the rear deck speakers or a 8 in the arm rest or something, i just need trunk room. i have a 97 subaru legacy gt and right now my two twelves are too big and too much bass for my liking so i need some clever places to sneak in a sub

Right now i have two twelves in my car with a 900 watt per channel kenwood amp and it is WAY to much bass for me, i was researching and thinking about selling what i have now, and installing a 8 inch sub in the rear deck in between the rear speakers, i would of course have to cut a 8 inch hole in the back of it but how would i go about getting a box ? the main reason im doing all this is because i need trunk space, i like some bass, i dont need everyone within a halfmile of me to here it like i have now, just something nice that complements all types of music and i could turn it up louder if a specefic song came on. long story short i need some sub without loosing trunk space,

THANKS

Can do a couple of 8's in a 4th order ported thru the rear deck this will be your best bet Only trunk space lost would be under the rear deck Box shouldn't be that big either

i was looking to do one 8 in the middle of my rear deck but how would i go about building a box and supporting since it probably wont reach the floor of my trunk, i need ad much trunk space as possible!

Your probably best off looking into shallow mount 8" subs and a shallow enclosure. The woofer and the box are about half as deep as your avg subwoofer

/enclosure. Plan your setup like people with trucks do. One 8" sub is unheard of in more respect than one, but this way you can at least get 2x the bass.

Your probably best off looking into shallow mount 8" subs and a shallow enclosure. The woofer and the box are about half as deep as your avg subwoofer/enclosure. Plan your setup like people with trucks do. One 8" sub is unheard of in more respect than one, but this way you can at least get 2x the bass.
plenty of people run a single, small sub, setup. far from "unheard of". talkin out ur ass, again, jag.

Can do a couple of 8's in a 4th order ported thru the rear deck this will be your best bet Only trunk space lost would be under the rear deck Box shouldn't be that big either
this would have some nice sq to it....

plenty of people run a single, small sub, setup. far from "unheard of". talkin out ur ass, again, jag.
Hey you idiot, they make single shallow 8" sub enclosures don't they, duh. What I meant is it is rare, more importantly, it might not be necessary if this person

takes the course as I suggested. When I wrote ''unheard of'', nobody was expecting the want to be mod loser of this forum to barge in with tasteless garbage,

go brush your teeth come back and apologize. I was stating the obvious coupled with the simple fact that one sub would obviously have less bass than two.

Hey you idiot, they make single shallow 8" sub enclosures don't they, duh. What I meant is it is rare, not only that, but when I wrote ''unheard'' ofin more respects than one I was stating the obvious coupled with the simple fact that one sub would obviously have less bass than two. In your

dream you so wish you could be a caraudio mod don't you. Too bad.
I do more small installs with a single 8 or 10 then anything locally.

This forum represents the vast minority of this hobby.

I updated the post you quoted, while you were writing a reply @pro\-rabbit

[quote name='pro-rabbit']I do more small installs with a single 8 or 10 then anything locally.
This forum represents the vast minority of this hobby.[/QUOTE]
I don't mean a thing by this because me and you are good but at my local shop, I go there a lot to watch installs and talk with the owner.
He's always working on a variety of woofers/speakers/enclosures/installs, I have never seen him installing 8"s, let alone single 8"s. Usually
12"s, 10"s. There is not even a single 8" enclosure in the store, your a credible guy so I believe you, just saying, to me seemed kind of rare.

A ****-ton of people get 8"s, but single 8"s "to me" seemed kind of rare and in this case I thought it best to stress a point that it may not
be necessary if he looked into shallow mount subs/enclosures.

My guess he does very few higher-end cars. No offense taken though, I have been doing this for around 15 years, and just speaking from our past businesses and those whom I know(30-40 shop owners or so over the years).

If you are doing more of a the basic dual 12" setup then odds are it is your typical kid who comes in wanting "bass" and that is it and they want cheap. More then a few hundred and they go some where else. Which is a good market to have if you have product to satisfy the need.

[quote name='pro-rabbit']My guess he does very few higher-end cars. No offense taken though, I have been doing this for around 15 years, and just speaking from our past businesses and those whom I know(30-40 shop owners or so over the years).[/QUOTE]
@pro\-rabbit and how do single 8" setups translate to higher end cars?

[quote name='Jaguar']@pro\-rabbit and how do single 8" setups translate to higher end cars?[/QUOTE]

Most of the owners are not all into the hobby. Combine that with many of the higher end exotics having minimal room then you end up with small setups. Most just want a great overall sound not to loud, but everything needs to compliment each other. Most of them time if done correctly a single 8" can give the extra "bump" down low and won't take up much room. Which are many of the requirements for those owners.

I'm not saying we don't get larger full fiberglass builds on the higher end cars, but those are mostly from kids with their parents money then anything. Most of the older clientele fit with in the guidelines above.

Hey you idiot, they make single shallow 8" sub enclosures don't they, duh. What I meant is it is rare, more importantly, it might not be necessary if this person takes the course as I suggested. When I wrote ''unheard of'', nobody was expecting the want to be mod loser of this forum to barge in with tasteless garbage,

go brush your teeth come back and apologize. I was stating the obvious coupled with the simple fact that one sub would obviously have less bass than two.
Your replies are always nonsense. You prove repeatedly that you do not know anything about what you are trying to hand out advice about. I just wish you would stop crapping on peoples threads with useless, and sometimes harmful, input. You'd have to be blind, or on the same intelligence level as you, not to see it. And if bringing it to your attention makes me a "wannabe mod loser" .....oh well. Keep talking out your ass the way you do... You'll be sure to meet plenty of

wannabe mod losers, lol.

Well do you guys think I should put then in my rear deck or somewhere else ? Maybe the arm rest ? Idk I need ideas
pro-rabbits idea would sound really good, and should leave you plenty of room for a couple of golf bags. a bandpassed pair of eights right under your rear deck ported into the cabin. Absolutely love your car, too. I have a soft spot for the non-outback legacy's. Best car I've ever owned.

Your replies are always nonsense. You prove repeatedly that you do not know anything about what you are trying to hand out advice about. I just wish you would stop crapping on peoples threads with useless, and sometimes harmful, input. You'd have to be blind, or on the same intelligence level as you, not to see it. And if bringing it to your attention makes me a "wannabe mod loser" .....oh well. Keep talking out your ass the way you do... You'll be sure to meet plenty of wannabe mod losers, lol.
Right, and I'm supposed to take the ''strong advice" who signature is a piece of poop coming out of a toilet with a santa claus hat on.

Dude quit being a jerk-off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.