Subwoofer question 10", 12" / Alpine or Rockford

Hi there, basically I'm putting in a new audio system into my 1996 jeep grand cherokee. The Door speakers are going to be 4 Alpine SPR-60c's being run off the Polk Audio 4000.4 off the Pioneer DEH-80PRS head unit for a total of 160'ish watts at 4ohms per speaker. Now for the sub, I already have a T1500 Rockford Fosgate bdcp which handles 1000+ at 4ohm and well over 1500 at 2ohm. The sound i'm looking for is the techno punch. I'll be listening to alot of dubstep , pop and electronic.

So my question is, Sealed or Ported *i'm leaning towards sealed* and then do I get a single Alpine SWR-10D2 10" 1000w at 4ohm , a single Alpine Swr-12D2 12" 1000w at 4ohm, or two T1D212 Rockford Fosgate 12" at 2ohm 1600w (800w each).

I'm leaning towards the rockford but is it going to be able to hit the notes i'm looking for hard enough. I was also looking at the orion HCCA104 but while reading about it , it seems to be a pure spl sub for rap. Thank you for any response's or suggestions.

With the deck you are getting I wOuld reconsider your speaker and sub choice...
Would you mind elaborating why? I love that deck and have heard the type R 6.5's they hit everything extremely well.

i personally love the sound of the T1's so my opinion is biased' date=' but id port them, same with the type arghs[/quote']
Thx for the response! The only thing i was worried about with the t1's in a ported was if they'd muddy up the sound too much because of the nature of ported boxes to vibrate the earth.

Sundown Zv2 or Zv3 would be a nice choice.
Wow i hadn't even thought about sundown, i don't know why, I really love their amps. But upon reading up on their subwoofer's, and the reviews people have been giving, it sounds like they are right up my alley for the type of music i'm listening too. I think i might actually get 2 SA-12's , apparently you can overrun them quite a bit, so an extra 200 watts shouldn't do much to a pair of em from the amp. Those Zv3's are **** as hell however, really tempting to just get 1 of them instead lol.

Wow i hadn't even thought about sundown, i don't know why, I really love their amps. But upon reading up on their subwoofer's, and the reviews people have been giving, it sounds like they are right up my alley for the type of music i'm listening too. I think i might actually get 2 SA-12's , apparently you can overrun them quite a bit, so an extra 200 watts shouldn't do much to a pair of em from the amp. Those Zv3's are **** as hell however, really tempting to just get 1 of them instead lol.
The SA's are great subs. As long as you send clean unclipped power to them they will take your amp all day.

I'm in same boat as u are. I got a f150 reg. cab. I was going to get the 2 type r then the type x then the t2. I'm going to use the mrx-m240 for a amp. But the subs I'm lost can I get some help

I'm in same boat as u are. I got a f150 reg. cab. I was going to get the 2 type r then the type x then the t2. I'm going to use the mrx-m240 for a amp. But the subs I'm lost can I get some help
I ended up deciding on the SA 12's after reading a lot about them. They are apparently heavily underrated and have some really nice SQ which i'm trying to push for. Even though they say 600rms, people have been running them up to 1500+ rms. Personally I wouldn't run anything that high over wattage, but its nice to know they're still kicking after taking a beating like that. So i'm gonna run 2 from my t1500 and get like 800+ watts per sub at 2ohm, and i'm gonna run it sealed because i like clean sharp bass. I know I'll have a little low frequency loss from not going ported but I think there's enough power there to keep me satisfied.

It depends what type of music your gonna be listening to mostly and if you want sq/sql or spl. With that amp your using, there's not much you can't do.

I listen to mostly hip hop. I'm looking for some ground raddleing bass. Looked a zv3 and sa-12 just not sure the sa-12 is what I'm looking for wish I could hear what they sound like . Just not that many dealers

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.