looking to buy a Metra mounting harness for a Chevy Malibu

Participant count
  • Participant list
i'm looking to buy a metra mounting harness for a chevy malibu or cobalt, one that has the smaller screen below the spot for a single din. in desperate need of a new or used one for a good price
what year? and does it have onstar or premium sound? I had some choices to make when installing the headunit in my 05 malibu. its going to cost a lil coin if it's anything like mine. I couldn't just get a 15 dollar piece of plastic for my ride.....

what year? and does it have onstar or premium sound? I had some choices to make when installing the headunit in my 05 malibu. its going to cost a lil coin if it's anything like mine. I couldn't just get a 15 dollar piece of plastic for my ride.....
mine's a 2007, and it's just got a 4 speaker system, no onstar. and yeah, a regular harness off of amazon or something is around 150, so i was hoping to find one a good bit cheaper. i want to keep the gas mileage and oil life stuff, so i need one

mine's a 2007, and it's just got a 4 speaker system, no onstar. and yeah, a regular harness off of amazon or something is around 150, so i was hoping to find one a good bit cheaper. i want to keep the gas mileage and oil life stuff, so i need one
wait, four speakers? do you have the stock component speakers up front? is there a tweeter in the sail panel by the window and a 6.5" down at the bottom of the door?

I'm very happy with my 99-3303 metra kit. got to keep all of my stock alarm/info stuff. I got a killer deal on it, but the guy that sold it on ebay only has them from time to time. here's an auction for one. METRA 99-3303 TURBO 2 | eBay I would suggest trying to do that... you're not going to find it anywhere that's trustworthy for less than 130. I looked for awhile before getting mine.

wait, four speakers? do you have the stock component speakers up front? is there a tweeter in the sail panel by the window and a 6.5" down at the bottom of the door?I'm very happy with my 99-3303 metra kit. got to keep all of my stock alarm/info stuff. I got a killer deal on it, but the guy that sold it on ebay only has them from time to time. here's an auction for one. METRA 99-3303 TURBO 2 | eBay I would suggest trying to do that... you're not going to find it anywhere that's trustworthy for less than 130. I looked for awhile before getting mine.
yes, that's what mine has. sorry, i completely forgot about the tweeters, lol. and the 99-3303 version was the one i'm looking at, and it is sad to hear it'll cost around 130! how much did you get yours for? and i'll check out the auction, thanks

yes, that's what mine has. sorry, i completely forgot about the tweeters, lol. and the 99-3303 version was the one i'm looking at, and it is sad to hear it'll cost around 130! how much did you get yours for? and i'll check out the auction, thanks
Got mine for around 100 even. It was new, but I believe it was a customer return or something. I saw it pop up, sell, be gone for a couple weeks, then pop up again. Snagged it the second it came back up, lol. And 130 would be a good day.... It's not cheap to put a headunit in these things.

Got mine for around 100 even. It was new, but I believe it was a customer return or something. I saw it pop up, sell, be gone for a couple weeks, then pop up again. Snagged it the second it came back up, lol. And 130 would be a good day.... It's not cheap to put a headunit in these things.
no, it's definitely not cheap. i was debating on even getting the harness or not, but i'm sure the benefits will outweigh the cost. but yeah, every time i looked on ebay for an auction of one, i could never find one, only dealers selling new ones. i hope this one works out!

no, it's definitely not cheap. i was debating on even getting the harness or not, but i'm sure the benefits will outweigh the cost. but yeah, every time i looked on ebay for an auction of one, i could never find one, only dealers selling new ones. i hope this one works out!
you don't need a harness or an interface/adapter if you get the metra kit. its all you need.

you don't need a harness or an interface/adapter if you get the metra kit. its all you need.
oh, really? so, everything in the package on the auction link you sent me is all i need? i wasn't sure if i needed an adapter or not

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.