Question about the volume of my box being too small.

Participant count
  • Participant list

SVTraptor
10+ year member

Hey guys,

I just got a new Sundown SD-2 10" sub and it doesn't sound as good as I thought. I can hear a kind of muffled sound that sounds like it's coming from inside the box. The sub plays fine out of the box, makes no un-normal sounds. When it goes back in the box, and the gain is turned up about over 1/4 it starts to make the noise.

Now my box is .48 cu ft and .4 with the sub in. Sundown recommends a sealed box @ .5 cu ft. Could this just be the lack of size causing it to be weak and/or the noise?

That's really what what I'm thinking. I've never experienced this before, but I did built the box for a shallow mount Type-R then went with the SA

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.