FS: Modded Lightning Audio Storm X1.2000.D

bergend2
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Milwaukee
Item(s) for Sale:

Lightning Audio Storm X1.2000.D, modded by Tubenut (before he disappeared)

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Very good condition. Some minor scratches on the case, but nothing major. Amp has been very solid for me, and I love it, but I have a smaller car now and am going a different route. I was told by Tubenut that the amp was clamped at 2400w at 1.5ohms, so should do a solid 3k at 1ohm. I ran it at 2ohms before rise, and was very happy with it, never really took it lower

EDIT: Here is a link with gut shots during Tommy's build up, as well as clamped numbers. 2348w@1.15, not 1.5, my mistake. He also claimed that it still had more in it, but that's the number he got.

Lightning Audio Storm 2000.1 Team edition - Car Stereo Classifieds

Price:

$350 shipped obo?

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Shipping included.

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

photo-3.jpg

photo-2.jpg

photo-6.jpg

photo-5.jpg

Gut shots will be added as soon as I can find them in my photobucket, until then, check my build thread for the guts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me dig through some old pm's and find out exactly what was done, i cannot remember off the top of my head exactly what was done to it. I am out of town and only on my phone, so might be a day or two before I can go through everything, but I'll post up as soon as I find the info.

Decent amps... I had 1 a few years ago until I burned it up. I know for a fact it doesn't do close to 3k @ 1ohm tho. When I blew my amp I replaced it with a saz3k and there was a noticeable amount of more power with the SD amp with the same electrical.

Decent amps... I had 1 a few years ago until I burned it up. I know for a fact it doesn't do close to 3k @ 1ohm tho. When I blew my amp I replaced it with a saz3k and there was a noticeable amount of more power with the SD amp with the same electrical.
Was yours modded as the OP says his is? Probably not and thats why you didn't get close to 3k....

Was yours modded as the OP says his is? Probably not and thats why you didn't get close to 3k....
Most of the time when someone says they modded an amp its removing the protection circuitry so they can drop the ohms to say 1 or .5 without it going into protect. Its a 1 ohm stable amp anyway. Mine didn't need modded. I'd like to see what it does clamped.

Most of the time when someone says they modded an amp its removing the protection circuitry so they can drop the ohms to say 1 or .5 without it going into protect. Its a 1 ohm stable amp anyway. Mine didn't need modded. I'd like to see what it does clamped.
you apparently don't know whom tubenut is/was.... sigh 12'ers.

Actually I don't know him personally so u are correct. But unless he added mosfets and a different power supply I doubt it does 3k. Plain and simple.

"mane" automatically makes you a moron on this forum. fyi.

plain and gtfo. 12'er please no attempting to "teach" people on what does what... since you don't know what he did to mod it you now just "doubt" it does 3k whereas earlier you said what? "I know for a fact it doesn't do close to 3k @ 1ohm tho" shit son. You mad bro. Mad jelly. lulz had here.

Still digging through PM's, but upgraded mofsets were used, as well as adding 4 additional mofsets (from 12 to 16), custom mofset clamps, and the power supply has been upgraded. Will update if I find other mods that haven't been listed.

Still digging through PM's, but upgraded mofsets were used, as well as adding 4 additional mofsets (from 12 to 16), custom mofset clamps, and the power supply has been upgraded. Will update if I find other mods that haven't been listed.
Then post some pics of these "upgraded parts" sounds like you took what trippy said and added your own twist to it. Post pics and clamped numbers.

Then post some pics of these "upgraded parts" sounds like you took what trippy said and added your own twist to it. Post pics and clamped numbers.
Currently in Minneapolis, will post pics when I get back into town. I have been searching on CACO for the thread that Tommy had the gut pics in, but I cannot for the life of me find it. Don't have a clamp, so that isn't going to happen.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.