6x8 speakers to run off HU

Participant count
  • Participants list

Drummer65
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Got a friend whose looking to change out her speakers. She wants to spend no more then $80 and will be running it off the power from the HU. They need to get fairly loud so I'm looking for some high efficiency speakers. Its for her 2003 Ford Focus so unfortunately the stock housings are 6x8's, I don't feel like making custom baffles to fit 6.5's or anything

Thought these Boston Acoustics looked okay

Boston Acoustics SE85 SE Series 5" x 7" 2-way Speakers (SE85)

Anyone else have any other recommendations

preferably speakers that have decent bass/midbass output

Those Bostons are probably your best choice. Pioneer D series 6x8 are great, in that price range & will have much better midbass.

Those Bostons are probably your best choice. Pioneer D series 6x8 are great, in that price range & will have much better midbass.
Yeah I was looking at the Pioneer D series, however the sensitivity on the pioneer's was 88dB while the Bostons were 92 dB. So I'm thinking the Bostons may get a little louder from just HU power.

Yeah I was looking at the Pioneer D series, however the sensitivity on the pioneer's was 88dB while the Bostons were 92 dB. So I'm thinking the Bostons may get a little louder from just HU power.
I can't give an opinion of how they'll perform off HU power, but the Pioneers will handle more power than the Bostons if amped.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.