What's up guys, I'm obviously a new member to the forum but have actually already used this site quite a bit while doing research for setting up my current system. I joined in order to be able to post some questions in the hopes that all you audiophiles will be able to guide me in the right direction. I just blew my Alpine SWR-1223D (only had it for 5 months and could not have given it more than 615W continuous so I dunno what the hell happened) and instead of doing a direct replacement I want to upgrade to something more serious. I plan to sell my current sub amp (Alpine PDX M6) and get a bigger one (looking at the Alpine PDX M12) and also a bigger sub to go with it. Any suggestions on the amp or the sub to get? I'm willing to spend pretty much whatever as long as the end result is high SQ and enough SPL.

need more of a budget then "whatever"

big 3 in 2/0 welding wire

Northstar battery up front.

1 run of 2/0 to the back.

Us amps md2d @1 ohm

2 skar vvx-v2 12s

(Front stage in the works)

I've been looking at 12" subs such as the Ascendant Havoc, TC Sounds LMS-R, DD Audio 3500 series, DC Audio Level 3 or 4, SSA ICON or XCON, or maybe an RE Audio sub but I'm having trouble finding the specs on those. Does anyone have an opinion of which out of all of those is the best choice?

boss audio is the best out there. except kicker is usually louder...

1999 Tahoe

2 sa12s

4th order

145.18 @33z... with less than 500 watts!

What vehicle is it going in??I ask because you could get a pair of tens, or 12s that will out perform a 15,due to getting a well made sub box made to get the most out of the sub/subs

2)American Bass VFL Mini Hybrid 4480.1D@1ohm Ea 4)American Bass XFL DVC 4ohm 12s@2.06cu Ft Ea.@32htz CDT 6,5 HD6 Briax.,CDT CL60,CDT 25 tweets,Kicker KS25 tweets Autotek Mean Machine 99@2ohms,Autotek BTX 7204@40hms AlterStarts Alt 255A/Dallas,Tx,2)Orileys Super Start AGM batts(1more coming)Cadence CCA 0ga on Big 6,AudioTechnix 0ga CCA Kicker Kq9 Eq,Eclipse CD3000(lookingfor upgrade)StingerPro Distro,3)XS Scorpian 8in Scroll Fans 1998 3dr Xcab Chevy(under construction,but operational)

It's going in the trunk of a Mercury Sable. I already have a sealed box for a 12" and I think I want to stay with sealed to keep the SQ and clarity high (unless I can be convinced otherwise).

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now