Installed a new pionner today, few questions and concerns. DEH-P9400BH

JoshC
10+ year member

The Taco MASTA
Houston, tx
So i got my deh-p9400 in today and ive only lissened to it/play music for maybe 20min. But so far i have a few questions/concerns

First off everytime i kill the truck, its beeps at me a few times. Any reason or is it suppose to? Didnt read anything about beeping in the manual

Second, my sub dosnt seem even as loud as my 2V outs and these are 4V. I found under the subwoofer 2 settings a -6 threw +6 along with a lpf. I set it to +6 and it seems better but not double.

Lastly is my amp, i set it via dmm for max volume of 40. I measure ch.1 to 17.5Vs which is about 85wrms. Now after i check the output of ch.2, it was 14.5. Theres a 3V differance from ch.1 to 2. What should i do???

On my pioneer I have mine at +3....it sounds better but not double, double what?
Double my alpines voltage, i went from a cda-105(2V preouts) to this unit which has 4V

Its w/e though, ill just set it via DMM so i dont have any worries.

About my 4ch though, 3V differance is alot at full tilt. Any suggestions?

the 2v difference isn't going to make that much of a difference, it will but not like "oh my god it's so much better"

your amp doesn't have a seperate gain knob for each channel? you could just turn it up or down if it does

the 2v difference isn't going to make that much of a difference, it will but not like "oh my god it's so much better"
your amp doesn't have a seperate gain knob for each channel? you could just turn it up or down if it does
not per channel just per channel set. I dont think ive ever seen a 4ch with 4 separate gains, but what i ended up doing was pulling my rear speakers and bridging it into a 2ch. Since my HD61s wernt getting nearly the power they wanted, now ive got 200wrms going to each door and its sounds GREAT. Sub sounds like it should too

Make sure you aren't stacking low pass filters, only use the one on the HU or the one on the amp. Also, different output and input impedances can make a big difference so check those specs versus the Alpine as well.

2volt vs 4volt is a myth I had 2volt alpines that sounded way better then my pioneer 4volt decks
yea gain wise i didnt even touch my sub amp and it sounds the same. Has a clip indicator so i know when im giving it to much, ide say there about the same. But its deff sounds WAY cleaner. I really like this unit, ipod/digital media sound much better on it vs my alpine

Also the quality of the pandora bluetooth streaming is really good, im surprised at it

Only thing i havnt figured out yet is what the different sound retriever settings are, theres 2 settings. Heres what it says in the manual, 1 is effective for low compression rates and 2 is effective for high compression rates. Im not really positive what that means, can someone translate for me? Nearly all my music is via ipod or on usb drives

The beeping is a detach warning that can be disabled in the settings.
still havnt been able to access the 2nd set of settings, just the sound/display/illumintion w/e when u push the main knob. And i have no idea if my sound retriever needs to be set for low compression or high compression rate.But other then that im loving the unit

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.