HDC3 suprises me...

prototype561
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Well I just put 1 18" HDC3 in 6.75 cubes tuned to 33hz in my suv powered by a ap3k. I never had a quality or 18" sub before. My previous setup was 2 15" hifonics brutus on the same power. I was a little relutunct to get the 18 because of the lost of cone area, but to my suprise the HDC3 is just as loud or louder to my ears than my 15's.

Im thinking about buying another one, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif but it will be a tight fit.

Watch how much power you throw that thing. Anywhere near 3k and that suspension will crap out. In the case that it does, @SPLaudio; can build you a new recone for it that uses a 3" 8 layer coil which would be a lot better for you on that power (and the suspension on his recone will be worlds more reliable)

[quote name='Kangaroux']Watch how much power you throw that thing. Anywhere near 3k and that suspension will crap out. In the case that it does, @SPLaudio; can build you a new recone for it that uses a 3" 8 layer coil which would be a lot better for you on that power (and the suspension on his recone will be worlds more reliable)[/QUOTE]

or he can buy my 18 and throw whatever he wants at it.

My hdc318 on 2k pooped after like 3-4 months

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

Still works, but has coil rub

I have the gain set pretty low because im still breaking it in, I havent even cranked it yet, and its still wangin.

Plus I have it in a crappy box, orignal design had it tuned at 36hz, but cuts were way off so I had to improvise(wood fill anybody lol)

what makes you say that. Was a clean 2k. Voltage never below 13. box was smaller too. 5.5@34hz
I see people putting way more power daily and they're fine, but then again I've seen them go south on the same power you're running

So yeah maybe not

I see people putting way more power daily and they're fine, but then again I've seen them go south on the same power you're running
So yeah maybe not
The glue they use is crap so I'm not surprised. @pro-rabbit has a lot of experience with those subs and could probably chime in.

^ the spiders give out because they arent good for high excursion and when over driven they streach and cause the coil to run or spiders to rip..
Indeed.

The glue is another issue all together though. lol

Nice subs overall for the price though.

One of the few things I didn't like was the packaging or lack thereof. This sub weighs 50+ pounds, u just cant stick it in a box with some cheap styrofoam, the styrofoam was destroyed when I open the box. I also didnt recieve a manual.

One of the few things I didn't like was the packaging or lack thereof. This sub weighs 50+ pounds, u just cant stick it in a box with some cheap styrofoam, the styrofoam was destroyed when I open the box. I also didnt recieve a manual.
You never get manuals with subs lol. You might get a paper that states their warranty policy but that's usually just about it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

prototype561

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
prototype561
Albany, GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date