I haz passive radiators.

TaylorFade
10+ year member

I fail.
Eff ports.

Still dialing it in, but just so you guys know how super easy and awesome it is to figure up moving mass for tuning a PR, here's the "Quick and easy" version of the formula.

f89e063d.jpg

Anyway... here's the sexiness. It's moving some shit. Currently running that Tantric HD 10 on a 4k @ 5 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

05d9fa37.jpg

a39e6e9d.jpg

03c68aa9.jpg

I've always wanted to use a pr. Is it possible to blow them? Like over excurt them and damage soft parts? How are they sounding?

EDIT:Oh and your sub is upside down //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

I've always wanted to use a pr. Is it possible to blow them? Like over excurt them and damage soft parts? How are they sounding?
EDIT:Oh and your sub is upside down //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
I seriously doubt it if your system is designed correctly. That's one of the reasons behind having at least double the Sd or double the excursion for your passives.

whats the point of a PR?
No port noise, crap ton of "port area" without having to snake a huge port around in the box, smaller box because you don't have to account for port displacement.

Basically... all the advantages of a vented alignment without any of the downsides.

There are only two disadvantages of a PR... they rolloff faster below tuning... and the cost. That's it.

Which PR's are those? They look similar enough to my old Assassins...might want to get one or two. I know AE had some 15" and 18" PR's for pretty cheap, but IIRC they were not adjustable.

Which PR's are those? They look similar enough to my old Assassins...might want to get one or two. I know AE had some 15" and 18" PR's for pretty cheap, but IIRC they were not adjustable.
These were custom built for me by Tantric like, yesterday. Just don't have the stickers yet. Murph said he wasn't going to take credit for them until I got them dialed in and wrecking shit. Lol.

So thats really just a woofer minus the motor and coil and you add/subtract mass in place of where the coil would be to "tune"?
Yes, it works just like a port. Except in this case the relationship between the box volume, cone area of the PR, and moving mass of the PR will affect the tuning frequency that you end up with.

I'd love to run passives but ports are sooo much cheaper.
I had some of the TC Sounds VMP's years ago when they were having a sale(Maybe 6 years ago?). I sold them right before TC decided to jack all their prices up... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I'd love to run passives but ports are sooo much cheaper.
I hear ya. They're not cheap. But my very picky and specific set of needs/wants for that stupid little build was giving me fits trying to do a port.

Plus, I've been wanting to do PR's for a while.

I hear ya. They're not cheap. But my very picky and specific set of needs/wants for that stupid little build was giving me fits trying to do a port.
Plus, I've been wanting to do PR's for a while.
Keeping space costs money! One of these days I'll justify spending the money on passives... Nice build BTW.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.