Advice on Head unit

FluffyBunny1234

Car is 07 civic hatchback UK model. looking to use the impulse car head unit conversion kit to put in a new head unit. I want advice on a head unit. been looking at the ones on ebay and want advice on wthyou make

it has digital tv .mp3 Bluetooth etc.

but don't want to be stuck with cheap Chinese crap

anybody tried these ?

thanks all

Hey again,

sorry in the delay getting back (finally on my laptop)

the unit i have book marked is this - W-212 7" DOUBLE DIN HD CAR GPS DVD PLAYER HD DVB-T MPEG 4 | eBay

and also this - 7'' Double Din HD Car DVD Player Sat Navi Camera DVB-T | eBay (i wont be arsed with the camera off this one)

they dont seem to be familiar brands like pioneer and sony etc. so i thought i'd ask you guys for advice.

basically what im looking for in a head unit is

bluetooth phone,

dvd,

digital TV,

GPS / SAT NAV etc.

if theres an aux port or usb or sd card slot or internal memory im happy (basically anything that will hold my music collection)

now obviously the cheaper the better but would like it to last aswell

hopefully that makes things clearer.

thanks all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The reputable car brands are JVC, Kenwood, Clarion, Pioneer, Alpine, and Sony for new products. The units you're finding don't even have a brand name visible or advertised, what does that tell you?

I know, says a lot indeed.

is there any of the reputable brands that have the features that im looking for ?

i know im being a lil picky but i like to do it right first time.

thank you.

I know, says a lot indeed.
is there any of the reputable brands that have the features that im looking for ?

i know im being a lil picky but i like to do it right first time.

thank you.
The reputable car brands are JVC, Kenwood, Clarion, Pioneer, Alpine, and Sony for new products. The units you're finding don't even have a brand name visible or advertised, what does that tell you?
Maybe you should put the money towards English classes, because I literally answered the question you asked one post above yours. They are all comparable, they all make double-DIN units with the convenience features that you want. Really, you just need to find a reputable store near you that does installs, see what they carry, and buy at your intended price point. I can tell you that it won't be as cheap as you're expecting. If you're really on a budget, why don't you forego the double din and give up TV in your Civic? For GPS/SatNav, you can either just use your cell phone, or get yourself a secondary satellite unit that you hang on your windshield. Single DIN units have the important features, like good tuning options, USB, etc.

I'm only asking is it possible to get the one I want from a head unit.

I dont care for budget once it's right.

The whole idea of getting a unit that does it all avoids the hassle of having crap hanging out of my car

They are probably cheep for a reason, they ****. Ive never seen or heard of one of them. If you want something that lasts you are probably better off getting a "name brand" unit. You get what you pay for.

They are probably cheep for a reason, they ****. Ive never seen or heard of one of them. If you want something that lasts you are probably better off getting a "name brand" unit. You get what you pay for.
I don't know how many times he's going to have to hear this to get it through his head. Man, the human desire to cheat the system and get something for nothing, huh? He wants so bad for it to be true, like he's going to find one that goes completely against convention. This mentality is exactly why those Nigerian email scams show up in my inbox; there are people like this on earth that just flat out refuse to believe the truth.

Fluffybunny, you said you "don't care about budget once it's right." If that's the case, then stop looking at these nonsense companies. They don't list ANY relevant

Stop wasting our time. Here's exactly what you will hear from us in the future about headunits:

-You will show us a headunit that is something besides JVC, Kenwood, Clarion, Pioneer, Alpine, and Sony. It is also inexplicably cheaper than one of those brands, bordering on impossibly cheap. How do you think that some tiny company can manufacture a cheaper head unit than one of those companies that have manufacturing and distribution already in place? That's right, they CUT CORNERS. They use INFERIOR COMPONENTS. They have POOR DESIGNS. Do you understand? Any time you show us ANY headunit that is NOT from JVC, Kenwood, Clarion, Pioneer, Alpine, and Sony, we are going to give you the same answer that it isn't worth it. We are going to say that you're probably not going to be happy overall. Nothing is going to change. Did you expect us to be like, "Oh yeah, Eonon! They are the best electronics company in the world, and they are 1/4 the price of all the other companies just because they love their customers more. I don't know how I forgot about them."

-You will show us a headunit that IS one of those above-mentioned companies: JVC, Kenwood, Clarion, Pioneer, Alpine, and Sony. We will tell you that they are all good companies, they all make respectable equipment, and as long as you are happy with the feature list, you should buy it.

This should save us all some time, because you don't need to waste your time posting dumb products, and we don't need to waste our time giving you the same answer. How would you react if we were talking about good economy cars, and we mentioned the Mazda 3, the Civic, and the Focus, and then somebody showed up and started talking about the REVA like it was in the same class?

Reva G-Wiz Electric Car Club

That's right, you'd be laughing at them for being so foolish! Just like we're currently laughing at you!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.