O-Scopes...

ryanthie
10+ year member

Needs moar loud
Wondering if you need any certain type of O-Scope to set gains...

I found an O-Scope cheap on newegg ($80) and not sure if it would work for setting gains..

Newegg.com - ARM DSO Nano Mini Pocket-Sized Handheld Digital Oscilloscope

Being it's so cheap in comparison to what I've seen before, I'm curious if this would work at all. It's cheaper than a DD-1 and other scopes... Wouldn't mind tossing it into my toolbox if it's worth a ****.

Opinions...?

That scope is great for setting HU, highs amps and anything under 3k, but it's only 80vpp (volts peak to peak) with the 1x probe. If it comes with a 10x probe, you're good to go. It's an aawesome tool. It looks just like an iPhone. I love mine.

cf8f611e.jpg

Looks like it'd be just the ticket for gains, except as mentioned you will need a X10 probe for the voltages that we usually deal with. Ask Newegg if there is a X10 probe available for it.

The pictures aren't real clear but it looks like the probe does not use the industry standard BNC connector.

Hmm.. Sweet! Looks like I'll be ordering one of these here soon. Will be nice to have. I don't plan to go over 3k anytime soon so it'll work great.

Thanks guys

you willing to ship that back to me? i had no idea it had 10x til now......no wonder it wouldnt read
Long story short, I bought it from him, but I'm still overseas. If you still need it in about a month or 2 Ill send it your way, just cover shipping both ways.

Been thinking about one of these myself.. my Tektronix analog is heavy to lug around and I can't save waveforms for upload toa PC. They're all over eBay for $70.

Long story short, I bought it from him, but I'm still overseas. If you still need it in about a month or 2 Ill send it your way, just cover shipping both ways.
what a nice guy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ryanthie

10+ year member
Needs moar loud
ryanthie
Spokane, WA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date