Need help box rise is killing me

beat-down69
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ok guys i just built a small box for my girls ride, but I built to the specs of the subs and tuned it to what they should be. I have them wired to 2ohms but i am rising to almost to 8ohms. The box is sealed really good, and no excess amount of speaker wire. All the wire is as short as possible.

WHAT CAN I DO TO LOWER THIS BOX RISE. Honestly i am absolutly lost on how it happens and what the H3ll is it. LOL

Any and all help would be greatly apreciated.

The box is 3cubes after displacement and tuned to 34 hz. My box in my truck is 8cubes and tuned to 34 hz and it is wired to 1ohm but rising to 2.77ohms

I have two custom hand built crossfire xs 10s and i talked to Crossfire and they said for a ported box tuned to 34 hz and 3cubes after displacement would be perfect size.

My box has two AQ hdc3 alum dual coil 15s in 8 cubes after displacement tuned to 34 hz

Well see thats what is weird i had originally made the box with out consulting anyone first and put those two 10s in a 4.5 cubed box after displacement tuned to 34 and the box rise was almost identical. So that why i just cut the box down to 3 cubes as crossfire said and the box rise didnt drop at all.

well joe like i said box rise is caused by the box being too big
I understand that and you are the one that helped me build my first box and it came out perfect. I dont think my box rise in my truck is that bad. 2.77ohms isnt bad compared to almost 8ohms on this new box for the tens. One other question can a amp have any thing to do with it maybe. Its just a temp amp for right now. Its a kicker 750.1 but i clamped it at 532 watts at 7.95 ohms

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.