Need an amp for under $100 for two CVRs

I've decided on buying two Kicker CVR 12s, but now I need an amp. I'm on a limited budget, so it needs to be something for around $100 or less.

Right now I'm looking at a Boss NX1800.1... I know Boss is a cheap brand and you get what you pay for, but that particular model seems to have decent reviews and is only around $90.

Also, while I'm asking, would it be better for me to buy the 2 or 4ohm CVRs?

Scrape up $23 more and get an audiopipe apsm-1500. You'll be glad ya did.
I looked up that amp and it has really good reviews everywhere, thanks.

And about the subs, do you think I should go with buying the 2 ohm or 4 ohm models?

And about the subs, do you think I should go with buying the 2 ohm or 4 ohm models?
whatever you choose make sure you get the amp to match em for best performance.

If you go with the audiopipe, you want a final 1 ohm load.

So if the subs are dual coil, you want dual 4's. If they are single coils, you want 2 ohm.

man, take the 200+ you got and find you a decent ampfor example: B2 Audio Quota Amplifier - 1200 @ 1 Ohm

then save for a couple of kicks, or something like these:

SSA Shop - Sundown Audio E8 sub woofer
Sure and get half the power.....

Whats with your hate of Audiopipe? The apsm 1500 has proven itself. the other lines of apsms are shady at the best of times. The 1500 is reliable so far.

Chances are the items you been recommending you have never used?

Sure and get half the power.....
Whats with your hate of Audiopipe? The apsm 1500 has proven itself. the other lines of apsms are shady at the best of times. The 1500 is reliable so far.

Chances are the items you been recommending you have never used?
I do not hate Audiopipe, I held APSM 1500 a week or so ago in a pawn shop. You are correct I never heard one, nor do I care to based on build quality alone. And to be fair, I never even laid eyes on a B2 Quota....for all I know, it might be the same as a $149.95 Audiopipe. It was strictly an example as stated. By your demands, Perhaps I should have used a AQ or a Hifonics, or a Orion, or a RF, or a PPI or a Zapco, or a Alphasonik, or a Soundstream or a Memphis, or a Powerbass, or a DB drive as an example..but it is **** hard to get a solid 1200 watts out of one of those brands for less than $250. AQ is still one of the best buys though, IMO.

Ok, I can certainly back this as being a very capable and dependable value for the $$

AQ1200D Amplifier

there, no hard feelings and everything all better now..thank you.

I do not hate Audiopipe, I held APSM 1500 a week or so ago in a pawn shop. You are correct I never heard one, nor do I care to based on build quality alone. And to be fair, I never even laid eyes on a B2 Quota....for all I know, it might be the same as a $149.95 Audiopipe. It was strictly an example as stated. By your demands, Perhaps I should have used a AQ or a Hifonics, or a Orion, or a RF, or a PPI or a Zapco, or a Alphasonik, or a Soundstream or a Memphis, or a Powerbass, or a DB drive as an example..but it is **** hard to get a solid 1200 watts out of one of those brands for less than $250. AQ is still one of the best buys though, IMO.
Ok, I can certainly back this as being a very capable and dependable value for the $$

AQ1200D Amplifier

there, no hard feelings and everything all better now..thank you.
There was no hard feelings to start with. But this forum is already full of people giving out advice on products they have no idea about. I am just trying to curb statements like "man, take the 200+ you got and find you a decent amp

for example: B2 Audio Quota Amplifier - 1200 @ 1 Ohm"

Because as you said yourself - And to be fair, I never even laid eyes on a B2 Quota....for all I know, it might be the same as a $149.95 Audiopipe.

So you gave a recommendation that you shouldn't have and I called you out on it. Chances are you will see me doing that a lot more in the days to come because I am sick of seeing illegitimate recommendations on this forum.

There isn't anything wrong with the CVR's. They can be had dirt cheap on Craigslist and they're loud provided you give em' lots of space. Always thought they were good beginner subs. Not everyone has an extra 250 bucks laying around to spend on shlt. Especially a lot of the younger guys on here.
you can buy a whole slew of kickers in every pawn shop around....round ones...even square ones...yup. Everybody like da kicks. Op say he gonna buy 2 Kicker CVR's and wanted to know what he can buy to push them with for less than $100.00...I was simply suggesting they take the $100 for the amp AND the $100+ for the subs they gonna buy and invest in a better quality of amplifier that will give them years of service and be flexible enough to power whatever they want. Then save and buy some subs to match their amp.

People are impatient though, and rarely wait and save to go better.

But.....like you said.....go to any pawn and grab a couple kicks for cheap and grab the ap or any other amp that does rated and go pound for a while till you want more, then craigslist the kickers and ap as a complete combo for more than ya paid for them and come back and ask for more recommendations.

There was no hard feelings to start with. But this forum is already full of people giving out advice on products they have no idea about. I am just trying to curb statements like "man, take the 200+ you got and find you a decent ampfor example: B2 Audio Quota Amplifier - 1200 @ 1 Ohm"

Because as you said yourself - And to be fair, I never even laid eyes on a B2 Quota....for all I know, it might be the same as a $149.95 Audiopipe.

So you gave a recommendation that you shouldn't have and I called you out on it. Chances are you will see me doing that a lot more in the days to come because I am sick of seeing illegitimate recommendations on this forum.
you can call out folks all you want...but to answer the OP, what do you recommend for less than $100??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.