help. hdc3 18 rattle noise?

First off I had a 4 sundown nightshade v1 15s and 1 of them started doing this with no obvious reason why. It was the one I had been using by itself while the build was in progress. Now I got a smaller car. I've been using the same crappy amp as I did when I used the single nsv1 (hifonics bxi2008 not a great amp I know) but I've been running this hdc3 18 aluminum coil since it was new and its only been like 2 months but today thanks guysor yesterday it started rattling especially on low notes. No tinsel slap. It has direct leads but I looked anyway. All visible suspension is in tact. Same thing happened w the ns as I said. Now I'm wonering if anyone has any insight id appreciate itif you could help me out. Both coils work. Havnt tested the loads. The box is tiny for it. Its like 5 cubes before sub displacement. Its temporary and it gets loud anyway but I have it in the trunk of a grand am for now so don't pick on me too much. Also...if I'm a bit incoherent its because I'm drunk lol thanks guys.

Possible but it doesn't rub when I push on it. I know these cones are floppy and are known to hit unevenly due to the flexibility
The spiders are known to have a lot of issues too...any chance you can pop off one of the dustcaps and peak inside to check and see if anything is stuck in there by chance? I have a feeling one of the spiders came unglued or something...

These have 2 dustcaps.....there is one underneath the one you see. Clearly a mechanical issue. The AQ subs are notorious for variations of this, if you really beat the crap out of it you could have broken the coil former, that buzzes and you'll never see it until you cut out the softparts.

These have 2 dustcaps.....there is one underneath the one you see. Clearly a mechanical issue. The AQ subs are notorious for variations of this, if you really beat the crap out of it you could have broken the coil former, that buzzes and you'll never see it until you cut out the softparts.
Well I've only got 1500 or so going to it in a tny box. It barely moves the thing. I freeaired it today and it just sounds like something hitting every time the cone goes up and every time it goes down. I really don't. Think the former is broken

Could be the bottom spiders separating from the former, you'd never see that either.

Really you have nothing to lose prying off both dustcaps and taking a look. You may be able to get them off in one piece and replace them when done, but not like a different dustcap is a lot of money if you can't.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.