help with tweeter noise (running active)

Participant count
  • Participants list

splwj47
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
so i went active this weekend and ever since i did i get the hum threw my tweeters, it is very annoying and after rewiring everything today to make sure the rcas wernt close to the power wire or the ground wire i still have it. here is a vid of the noise.

here is a pic of everything all wired up. there is only the one spot where the speaker wire is close to the ground and its only for about 6 inches.

IMG_0215.jpg

maybe from the wires from the car if they are under the rca ,i've had that issue before .also look for a pinched wire somewhere too ,that can cause this

well there is other wiring down the right side of the vehicle, but its just for heated seats/power seats maybe something else to, but i dont know. i know there is no pinched wires i made sure everything was good when i installed the wiring. i never had this noise running passive. but it must be something with that 3rd rca i just installed since it is just threw the tweeters, but it was installed in the same place and the other 2 rcas. so i dont know.

same thing here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif so i just removed the tweeters and went passsive but still have my mids active

same thing here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif so i just removed the tweeters and went passsive but still have my mids active
well wtf, at least im not alone lol. if i cant get rid of this whine im just gonna go back passive. which sux.

well wtf, at least im not alone lol. if i cant get rid of this whine im just gonna go back passive. which sux.
on my mids you can barely hear it but still its annoying. im going to try and swap out HU units and see if its just my head units because i already tried three rca's

on my mids you can barely hear it but still its annoying. im going to try and swap out HU units and see if its just my head units because i already tried three rca's
ya seeing as how we have the same head unit it could maybe be something with it. let me know how that works out when u try swapping it out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.