4 powerbass 3xl 15's

Participant count
  • Participant list

05_ZX636
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
alabama
People that have used these or done design for them, I have guy locally that already has 4 of these 15's in a scion xa, subs up, port forward and it sounds like crap. He wants me to take all out, build new box, and rewire everything. The powerbass site says 5 cubes per sub, but the few builds I can find say they used about 7-7.5 cubes per pair. He is running 2 powerbass 2250's to these. I dont mind paying for design after I get his car friday, im just trying to see what kind of cubic feet I need so when I get to measuring I can see how Im gonna build.

Give us some max dimensions so we can see what you're working with. But in a little Scion Xa, I highly doubt you can do a proper box for all four of them without walling the vehicle off.

Yea, I agree with RAM on this one. Limited space for that setup. I did a few builds with those subs and depending on the application and desired results we used 3.75-4.5 per 15.

thats what i told him, the box the shop built for him is around 9.5 cubes after subs and port, I tried to tell him it was no where near enough space for them. I will get all measurements friday, if there is not enough room, he will consider a wall.

I got the car yesterday, stripped all out, and just started building a wall inside the car making it as big as I could. I gotta put the 2 fronts on, but I have 21.75 internal cubic feet now. The face of box is 40" x 33" H, how much port area should I use and how long of a port for 30hz tuning

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

05_ZX636

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
05_ZX636
alabama
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date