99 Tacoma Rockford Fosgate

BanginTacoma
10+ year member

Okay so this my second system really. My first system consisted of 1 Rockford Fosgate P1 12 in a sealed box on a 350watt amplifier. Wimpy yess I know. But I was 15 (almost 16) so I figured I had to start somewhere. However I have since upgraded and will continue to upgrade until I can't anymore.

So I was given a Pioneer AVIC Z-120BT by a friend of mine who didn't like it anymore. So I put that in and I love it. Truly a great headunit but that's just my opinion. It is a little slow to start up but otherwise it's great.

Then christmas came and that was my chance to grab a new subwoofer. So I did. I purchased a Rockford Fosgate T0 12" dual 2ohm. Then for my birthday I got a Hifonics 1000.1 to power that beast. Then I had to get some real wiring to power it all. So I decided on a Tsunami 4GA wiring kit would do it.

I hadn't built my box yet and I really wanted to get that T0 in so i decided to throw it in that little sealed box that came with the P1. Yeah it broke that box. It ripped two of the sides from each other and melted the plastic terminal cup. That's when I knew I had to get that box built fast so i could start really bumping. So I made the recommended High Output Slotted enclosure that it had in the product manual for the T0. This time I did the bolt connections on the box so nothing melts. I know the box looks like **** but honestly I could care less. I was just happy to get that thing done and installed. I have to take out the whole **** seat to get the box in the truck.

I currently still have the stock speakers in the door running off the headunit still. I want to upgrade them but everytime I get the money too I end up spending it on the subwoofer system.

My truck is an extended cab truck so with that T0 it can get pretty loud. I need to dynamat or fatmat the back of the truck because the whole **** thing rattles pretty bad.

Otherwise theres my system pretty much. Hope you guys like it as much as I do. I know it's not no 5,000watt 2 Fi btl 18's but it's something atleast. Especially since I am just 16 and no job besides mowing the lawn and stuff for money.

Good for you man. We all start somewhere. I ran two JL W3 10s with an autotek 800 watt amp. There's probably not too many guys that start big so keep the dream alive and I'm sure one day you'll have one of those bad *** systems like some of the guys here have.

how is the double din in that position...seems too low to me. Not sure if I'd like it in my truck or not
Yeah I see what your saying but when I took the picture my truck was off. When the headunit is on it tilts out a little bit. I can adjust how much I want it tilted so that makes it better.

mad props on actually makeing a box. could you hear and feel the difference?
Yeah I can hear a difference. I like it alot better. I could also see why people prefer sealed boxes too now. Sealed does have better SQ. But that doesn't bother me because I like the pure loud bass it produces.

About the box, you should have tuned lower and mounted the woofer closer to the opening of the port on the outside, it has the potential to unload due to being so close to the opening on the inside. Its also very inexpensive to add wooden dowels for bracing. You want the box to be as rigid as possible. When you save up more $, try rebuilding the box and it will give you better output and low end extension.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.