Which midbass speaker?

btdickey99
5,000+ posts

I Hate the Tarheels
Mach 5 MLI 6.5" or Crescendo 6.5" or Alpine Type X 6.5"

I have been out of it for a while and looking for something that can take about 100 rms and sound good. I listen to country and rap(yes very random)

Hopefully someone can provide some feedback and help'

thanks

If your looking for 50hz your looking at the wrong stuff. Your better off looking at a 6.5 sub and adding a separate mid range
I have actually considered this. I have read that the Type X 6.5 can get pretty low...

Yea, the bandpass frequencies are good to know. Also location. What treatments? Size limitations, depth limitations?

Treatments: Door will be deadened and hopefully all holes filled

Size limits: 6.5" and ab 3.5" deep

ive run type x midbass before and they dont go to 50. I had type x componets and the set espeically the tweeter was incredible, but they always lacked midbass to me. If you are looking for a true stand alone midbass that goes to 50, that wont be it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.