Wiring Tweeters???

Participant count
  • Participant list
I know I am going to catch Hell about this from people that don't understand where I am coming from, but you actually want a heavier gauge wire for the same length of run, for the same power thant you do for a mib-bass speaker. If you are running active and have a long run all the way back to the trunk, it can't hurt to go ahead and use 12 AWG. If you want a better explination as to why the smaller speaker needs more wire, PM me and I can fill you in

I know I am going to catch Hell about this from people that don't understand where I am coming from, but you actually want a heavier gauge wire for the same length of run, for the same power thant you do for a mib-bass speaker. If you are running active and have a long run all the way back to the trunk, it can't hurt to go ahead and use 12 AWG. If you want a better explination as to why the smaller speaker needs more wire, PM me and I can fill you in
Are you hinting at higher frequencies generating a greater skin effect.... ?

Id like to see this.

1000 points to Flex. Depending on the wire though you could get laminated strands which will help cut this down.

EDIT: I noticed I wrote 12 AWG in the first post, for 60 Watts, you should be fine with 16. Sorry about that

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.