Kenwood DualMags?

Participant count
  • Participant list

B_Master_Flash
10+ year member

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I was talking to a friend of mine who works at a car audio store about components, and he recommended kenwood dualmags. they looked cool and he could get me a set of 6.5 components for about $200, but I've looked around on the internet and this site and can find almost nothing about them (except price). Anyone know if they're any good? Anyone know anything better for $200?

Ehh kenwoods are alright at best he just probly had extras that he needs to get rid of try alpine, infinity, JL, eclipse, or well i dunno just look around maybe RF?

the dual mags are cool because they are actually a braxial system where the tweeter is held on a bracket above the center of the midbass driver, so they can be turned into seperates if you don't mind cutting the tweeter bracket. They also use neodymium magnets which means the magnets can be much smaller than conventional speakers, so they have a VERY SHALLOW mounting depth.

I haven't heard them in about 5 or 6 years (when they were first released), but I think I remember then sounding pretty good.

Here I found a link for you http://www.kenwoodusa.com/product/product.jsp?productTypeId=44&sortBy=price&productId=2431

-Pete

actually the ones I was considering were true components, not braxials or whatever. The motor was really tiny, I was interested in how it worked but the guy at the store looked at me like I had three heads when I asked "So what is different about this motor than a normal speaker?"

most of the difference in driver size is because of the different material that the magnet is made out of....

They sound pretty good, handle alot of power, and have a crazy thin mounting depth.

I'd say listen to them and get them if you like them.

I have a set of the braxial style 5.25" (actually they are for sale on the forum). For the money, if you are going to get a good deal, I think they sound pretty good. I have had few audio shops recommend them to me. I have only heard the comps at shops though. Overall, I don't think they are too bad. From what I hear, they can take a power pounding. Mine were ran off a Sony deck, so that doesn't tell me anything.

thx for the info, I ended up getting CDT CL-61a's from the zeb and a HiFonics Hawk amp all for 249.00. I don't think the Kenwoods could keep up w/ the CDTs and I got the CDTs even cheaper.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.