amp rack+AQ box

Participant count
  • Participant list

knotdrummer88
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
hello, I just got my AQ 2200 in and I plan on building an amp rack and maybe rebuilding the box. well first, for the amp rack should I use mdf? or is there another wood(maybe cheaper) that would work just as good? I would either paint it or wrap it.

Second, When I do that I might build a new box. I love the lows, the box now hits the lows pretty good, its approx. 6 cu/ft and tuned to approx. 35-36 hz. If I lower the tuning instead of gaining any low end output will I just decrease my output on the high end? and the sub is the hdc3 18" copper coils

mdf is cheap, your other option would cost more unless you go with inexpensive plywood.

Your second question is impossible to answer. Generally all things being equal, a lower tune will give you a lower audible frequency and less overall SPL.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.