harse mids from Alpine SPR-60C

Participant count
  • Participants list

ChrisR
10+ year member

Just finished the install of an all-Alpine system in my '11 F150, INA-W910 HU, 2 PDX-F4 4 channel amps, Alpine 10" subs and SPR-69 co-ax rear doors, Alpine SPR-60C components in the front.

Have the system more or less tuned now and the one thing I can't seem to get past is the mid-range on the SPR-60C's in the front. It just seems edgy and harse at times. Depends on the recording. Yesterday I was listening to Allman Brothers Live At the Fillmore East and the lead guitar on a couple tracks was just brutal as far as mids. Using the G-EQ in the 910 HU, I was able to tone it down some, mostly in the 4-8KHz range using a 2db cut. Don't like doing that though. I am thinking of spending the $130.00 or so for the optional Alpine IMPRINT processor which is advertised as a cure for all SQ woes but before I do that, wanted to see if anybody else has experienced mid to upper mid-range problems and what you did about it. I do want to keep my system all-Alpine if possible. BTW, I am using the factory (Ford) wiring to the door speakers; wondering if that may be a contributing factor.

i never use the factory wiring..majority of it is low quality,quite the min..anytime adding an amplifier to speakers..its always best to use aftermarket good/quality 16ga-12ga for the aftermarket speakers..vehicle manufactures get by with min possible/needed to save money

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.