Best Subs?

DoubleAA
10+ year member

miami
I was wondering what the best subs are. Right now i have two pioneer 10s in a bandpass box and i wanted to upgrade. A local shop told me the brand memphis was the best. What is your opinion? I want it to thump with the music, not just bass. I dont want it for competition, but i do want to set off car alarms B-)

I was wondering what the best subs are. Right now i have two pioneer 10s in a bandpass box and i wanted to upgrade. A local shop told me the brand memphis was the best. What is your opinion? I want it to thump with the music, not just bass. I dont want it for competition, but i do want to set off car alarms B-)
These. PYLE PLW-12RD PYLE 12IN RED CONE HIGH- PERFORMANCE SUBWOOF 840356961095 | eBayThey will set off car alarms in the next town. Just make sure to hook it up to something like this. Car Amplifier 2400 WATTS (PYLE) Class D mono AMP | eBay

oh dear god..

best subs is a terrible term man...

sql? maybe a zcon, xcon, re XXX, tc lms, eclipse ti

SPL, AA Death penalty, SA nightshade/Z, AQ HDC3 HDC4, FI btl, FI N2

SQ, Hertz, ARC, ID Q, JL w7 *(if found cheap), SSA dcon, jbl GTI

I have $1000 to spend between subs and speakers. So you guys wouldnt even get memphis?
I'm not saying not to get Memphis as they are decent. However, if you do some research on what you can get from other companies like SSA, Sundown, Obsidian, DC, and many many others then you will see for the price there is more then likely a better option for what you want.

Also, something else to remember. If you go and purchase new subs, a new enclosure will be required. If you just purchase a cheap prefab enclosure from online on a local store then you are literally just wasting money on upgrading most of the time. An enclosure designed and built for your goals and application(car/power/subs) will always out perform a basic off the shelf enclosure.

Like the new DC logo Rabbit.... Looks good!

And Nate you are right sir. This is the wrong section. When I opened the thread I thought I was going to be eyeing up some Funky Pups!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.