Beware of georgiaspl on SMD

Participant count
  • Participant list

07denali
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
FL
I purchased a Kenwood HU from a guy named georgiaspl off SMD. He described the defect as not bad and not noticeable unless you really look. I received the HU today and there is a long deep scratch on the face. None of his pics show the scratch. In fact, his pics show a screen free of defects. I feel his description and pics were misleading, false and disceptive. After opening the box and seeing the defect, I immediately took photos and asked for a refund. He said no. I posted the pics and everyone agrees his description is misleading. I posted my pics for comparison and you can clearly see a long deep scratch. I made a claim thru paypal to have them resolve it. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up on this guy in case he tries to sell you anything. The link can be found here.

Kenwood DNX6980 PRICE DROP - SMD Forum

Banned? For what? I'll post the thread tomorrow when I get on my computer. It's too much of a pain to do it on my phone.

Banned? For what? I'll post the thread tomorrow when I get on my computer. It's too much of a pain to do it on my phone.
Banned because SMD is retarded...I called 05fronty "ghey" in his build log thread and got perma'd for it.

IMAG0306.jpg

IMAG0307.jpg

IMAG0310.jpg

I HOPE THIS WORKED.

Did you see those scratches in his photos? How description days its hardly noticeable and that you'd really have to look. I could see it immediately. It's deep so probably not repairable.

Did you "gift" the money through PayPal? if not open a dispute. If you did, well, that was kind of stupid.
No I did not gift the money. I have a claim now. I am hoping paypal will refund my money. I even offered to pay shipping cost but I said if I have to fight it then I won't. He still thinks he's right b/c he mentioned a scratch but I think he took photos of a different unit and posted them b/c this scratch is hard to hide.

did you notice the angles he shot from would hide the defect
No I did not know that. He said it was minor and barely noticeable. I still feel he was disceptive and did not adequately disclose the damage to the unit and tried to hide it with his claim that there is barely a scratch and posting photos of a unit that clearly has no scratch.

No I did not know that. He said it was minor and barely noticeable. I still feel he was disceptive and did not adequately disclose the damage to the unit and tried to hide it with his claim that there is barely a scratch and posting photos of a unit that clearly has no scratch.

Was just making a comment that he did that on purpose... and yeah the unit is not as he said..

Was just making a comment that he did that on purpose... and yeah the unit is not as he said..
Thx for the feedback. I hope paypal agrees and I get my money back.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

07denali

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
07denali
FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies