07denali

Beware of georgiaspl on SMD

I purchased a Kenwood HU from a guy named georgiaspl off SMD. He described the defect as not bad and not noticeable unless you really look. I received the HU today and there is a long deep scratch on the face. None of his pics show the scratch. In fact, his pics show a screen free of defects. I feel his description and pics were misleading, false and disceptive. After opening the box and seeing the defect, I immediately took photos and asked for a refund. He said no. I posted the pics and everyone agrees his description is misleading. I posted my pics for comparison and you can clearly see a long deep scratch. I made a claim thru paypal to have them resolve it. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up on this guy in case he tries to sell you anything. The link can be found here.

Kenwood DNX6980 PRICE DROP - SMD Forum

Did you "gift" the money through PayPal? if not open a dispute. If you did, well, that was kind of stupid.

No I did not gift the money. I have a claim now. I am hoping paypal will refund my money. I even offered to pay shipping cost but I said if I have to fight it then I won't. He still thinks he's right b/c he mentioned a scratch but I think he took photos of a different unit and posted them b/c this scratch is hard to hide.

did you notice the angles he shot from would hide the defect

No I did not know that. He said it was minor and barely noticeable. I still feel he was disceptive and did not adequately disclose the damage to the unit and tried to hide it with his claim that there is barely a scratch and posting photos of a unit that clearly has no scratch.

No I did not know that. He said it was minor and barely noticeable. I still feel he was disceptive and did not adequately disclose the damage to the unit and tried to hide it with his claim that there is barely a scratch and posting photos of a unit that clearly has no scratch.

Was just making a comment that he did that on purpose... and yeah the unit is not as he said..