Kenwood DDX-719

smullen
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
St. Louis
Anyone here have the Kenwood DDX-719???

I'm really close to pulling the trigger on one for my 2005 Chevy Trail Blazer...

I like the 4 Ipod control, Blue tooth, HD Tuner, Able to add Sirius tunner, F/R/S 4 Volt Preout, aux input, rear cam option.

Seems like an OK starter unit to build a small system around...

I had one for about a week. I liked the unit and the interface it was fairly fast. The main reason I got it is that I am a salesman and on the road literally all day. I drive around 1000 miles a week. I needed in car bluetooth and navigation. I got this unit as I had an iPhone and you can buy the Garmin app for $110 and it will display on the screen. I had the unit for a week and here is my complaints with it:

The iPod control is a little sketchy, worked about 80% of the time.

The bluetooth was absolute crap. The entire week that I had it installed I couldn't even finish a phone call as the other person literally could not hear me at all.

The iPhone/Navigation app is a complete piece of sh*t. You can't use the navi through the unit you have to use it on the phone. You can't listen to any other source other than iPod when using the navigation.

Anyways, I took it back to BestBuy and the ended up giving me like 30% off of an Alpine W900BT which has been much better.

The pros are that it is a good deal as long as you dont need Navigation or Bluetooth.

I have one and so far really like it I have not bought the garmin app so I can't comment on that

My Bluetooth works fine you can watch videos from your I pod on the monitor as well

****, seems like every unit has something wrong with it...

You got me worried about the Ipod business though... I would use the Ipod alot... What was it doing wrong???

I would not use the BT or the Navi.. I have a decent Garmin Nuvi with LMT...

I'll take a look at that Alpine you mentioned...

ETA: Alpine is way outta my range... I think it starts at 1100.00, with the Kenwood, I'm like 800 after install...

Good lord, man. $800 and you don't need Nav? You can get a fully gangster single din for half that.
They make a ""Fully Gangster" single din??? lol..

The unit itself is like 499.99 or so, its the dash kit, harness, GM wireing interface, ipod cable, install labor, etc.. etc.. that add up...

I went to 3 different shops and got the same quote within 40 bucks...

Plus, the Truck (a 2005 TrailBlazer, not the S10 Blazer in my Avatar) has a factory Double Din, I don't want to stick a single Din unit in there... Doesn't look right to me...

i have the kenwood ddx419 model. im very happy with it. i also have a 02 gmc envoy. if u dont care for the actual 7" screen. the ddx419 does everything the ddx719 does but with a smaller 6.1" screen. i have no complaints.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.