JL w7 AND WIRING METHODS???

des343
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
so i am a little confused they are dual 3 ohm coils (the 12s) Google or worse JL themselves dont seem to cover this very well or at all i saw

So dual 3 ohms...yet only ONE set of terminals and a ending load of 3 ohms....

So how do i wire these differently...other than 3 or 1.5 for a pair

and how can i wire FOUR (4) of these what can my ending result be...

can i create a rise on these so i can drop them?

i have not a clue how to wire one at anything other than 3 ohms or 2 at anything other than 1.5

i HAVE 2 and potentially be getting another 2 to make a total of 4 but i want to see my wiring options

I looked in to this a while back on their DVC 3ohm sub. Fairly retarded. You are either running at 3 or .75. With 4 you could keep it at 3 ohms by running two parrallel sets of series, if that makes sense. I don't know what your amp is though and what it will take, I know mine wont tecnically take a .75ohm load.

well i took my 4 t1s out do to being an idiot and blowing my matching amp Audiopipe 3000d (my own stupidity please dont hate on the amps lol) anyways so i dont quite have the power so thought id throw my 2 w7s in save space blah blah...(i know they dont play all too well with this amp on their own) but i was hoping to be able to get 1.5 maybe 2 or so ohms after rise or maybe even 3 ohms to be able to bridge 4 of them as close to that 2 ohm mark that the ap amp likes.

so basically id be trying to hook them all up to the one AP till i got the money to get a second t2000.. then ill just run both of those.

but i got a deal i can hopefully trade my 4 t1s for 2 more 12 inch w7 (i just think 4 w7s would b cool not even a HUGE fan tho i like the subs quite a bit)

BUT

on the other hand i have a guaranteed deal a guy wants to give me a soloX18 for my 4 t1s

im not sure what im going to do yet so thats where the actual how i can wire the w7s come in i need to know if i could even put any decent power into 4

thanks for help!

They are SINGLE 3 ohm...u can wire 3 of em to one ohm 4 paralleled will drop u below one ohm before rise is your electrical up to par?... You could wire them to a final 3 ohms with all 4 as well...

How much under 1 ohm and okay ill prob wire it at 3 and the amp does 2000 rms at 4 ohms bridged..so it should get loud

But my electrical honestly isn't up to nar for a solid 4k rms I need more work no doubt

the amp does 2000 rms at 4 ohms bridged..so it should get loud
what amp are u using that does that kinda power?

But my electrical honestly isn't up to nar for a solid 4k rms I need more work no doubt
fix that before moving on...or you're gonna blow some more equipment

Anyone think 4 of these things can get down?
yes, in the proper setup/box they can indeed get down with their bad selves //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

what amp are u using that does that kinda power?

fix that before moving on...or you're gonna blow some more equipment

yes, in the proper setup/box they can indeed get down with their bad selves //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Lol thanks and well I got a stock 120 amp alt zero gauge ran through the entire car back to a red top I can run around 2500 rms without voltages dropping under 12.

And the ap3000d does 2000rms at 4 ohms bridged.

I have a t2000 and I plan to buy another when my funds are better and do the big 3 and change out my batt for a couple of larger batts

The box for tnem I already have it will b roughly 10 cubes after displacement maybe more like 9. They are a little bigger than what was in there...and ported to 32 hertz

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.