Fiberglassing Trunk

Participant count
  • Participant list

All_Logix
10+ year member

Formerly CivicGTi
Texas
I am a little knew to fiberglassing so this may be a dumb question. I am considering building an amp rack in the small depression on the left of my trunk. I can create a fiberglass mold of it, but I was wondering what a good way to then construct the rack from MDF out from that. Any help is appreciated.

Yeah I had considered that, it was mainly a question just to see if there were any better options out there I didn't know about. Thanks for the reply

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I too generally use the factory carpet to make my templates. It's also a good idea to put layer of butyl damping material under the MDF too...
If the amp is already part of the unit, with the amp built in, you would need a power supply, something like this: Or sell that amp amp and...
It will probably change your tuning. I've seen bigger numbers off of much less power from walling at the rear seats, but Terry "trunk king" Brock...
Thanks all for your responses! In regards to the dB meter suggestions, I ended up using my Blue Yeti microphone which supposedly can handle up to...

About this thread

All_Logix

10+ year member
Formerly CivicGTi
All_Logix
Texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date