When do pioneers clip?

a friend who may own one? and your sig is killer lmao.
Lol thanks...and I don't know of anyone who owns an o-scope. I've heard that some of their headunits clip at 48 and some at 52 but I don't know under what category mine falls under..the reason I ask is because I have to turn up my gain quite a bit cause the preout voltage is low since I don't turn the volume up that much, and I'd rather play the headunit at max volume and my gain turned down a bit

Lol thanks...and I don't know of anyone who owns an o-scope. I've heard that some of their headunits clip at 48 and some at 52 but I don't know under what category mine falls under..the reason I ask is because I have to turn up my gain quite a bit cause the preout voltage is low since I don't turn the volume up that much, and I'd rather play the headunit at max volume and my gain turned down a bit

When I had my setup my radio had a 2v preout...My amps gain was 3/4 up because of the low voltage...ran that setup for 2 years with the volume on 40/50 (Stock speakers would distort after that)...and never had a problem

what volume does it go to? Im about to order the DEH-P8400BH myself, i just figure like 10 before max is usually clean if it goes to 50ish, 28 if it goes to 35 area

Whats ure preouts voltage?

what volume does it go to? Im about to order the DEH-P8400BH myself, i just figure like 10 before max is usually clean if it goes to 50ish, 28 if it goes to 35 area

Whats ure preouts voltage?
Goes up to 62 I think. The advertised preout voltage is 4v. I haven't taken the time to actually measure it, though

Goes up to 62 I think. The advertised preout voltage is 4v. I haven't taken the time to actually measure it, though
Well personally ide just set 50 for max volume and set voltage with a meter. I recently went from 2V to 8V eclipse and honestly my alpine sounded better! I was running a cd8455 passive fronts and via ipod i really couldnt even get it to sound as good. So ive decided that as long as you can match you preouts to gain setting it dosnt matter. I believe its more about having a good DAC for the format your tunes are in, and a good eq

I put a scope on a Pioneer deck once - an older model DEP-6400 I think - put it under 4 ohm load (speaker outputs) with a 0db test tone CD and it went to 50 out of 60 before clipping. Don't know how that relates to the preouts or to modern units but it kinda supports the old rule of thumb that 75-80% is a good max volume point. If you're looking to split hairs at the end of the volume range you'll need to 'scope your particular unit, they can vary a bit.

at full tilt everything flat, my deck does not clip.

However. enhancement features introduce distortion slightly. so if I want an enhanced sound, I simply do not turn it up that loud. It tested around 35/40 is when I see a problem while features enhanced. I rarely have it that loud since it is 6.5 volts pre-out.

Looks like my pioneer clips at 49. I got the volume knob from AQ today that has the built in clipping light and the light will flick on at around volume 49. Probably not the most accurate means of measuring it, but it seems to be pretty close to what everyone else is saying

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.