Quick question

Participant count
  • Participant list
Just cut out all of the pieces for my new dual ported box, and was wondering how do I go about glueing it and screwing it together? Like how to I keep all of the sides and rear steady while just standing there drying? Probably a really obvious answer but this is my first box build ever.

Also how would I cut the 45 degree pieces for the inside of the ports?

Okay one more question, if one the the sides doesn't line up perfect with the bottom of the box, can I just seal the small hole with caulk and be good?

Thanks fellas.

Screws will hold everything nice and tight til the glue dries. And most saw blades can be adjusted to cut at an angle for the 45s.

If you do use screws drill pilot holes first. I'm assuming you used mdf and it's slpits easily without pilot holes.

Caulking to seal everything up on the inside is good, and woodfiller can make all the seems nice and smooth on the outside.

I just don't understand how I'm supposed to drill pilot holes, glue, and screw all of the pieces to the bottom without having a table that is the exact height of my box. Sorry if the solution is something stupidly simple, i just want to make this box as accurate/neat as possible with no crooked sides.

I just don't understand how I'm supposed to drill pilot holes, glue, and screw all of the pieces to the bottom without having a table that is the exact height of my box. Sorry if the solution is something stupidly simple, i just want to make this box as accurate/neat as possible with no crooked sides.
What's the height of a table have to do with anything? Line your two pieces up together, hold in place by either hand or with clamps and drill your pilot holes. Then take them apart and lay down a bead of glue. Put the pieces back together lining your edges up. I used unfolded paper clips to make sure my pilot holes lined up between the two pieces of wood. Last put all the screws in. I don't know what your thinking is so difficult. Sanding and woodfiller can fix any imperfections, unless your cuts are crappy.

What's the height of a table have to do with anything? Line your two pieces up together, hold in place by either hand or with clamps and drill your pilot holes. Then take them apart and lay down a bead of glue. Put the pieces back together lining your edges up. I used unfolded paper clips to make sure my pilot holes lined up between the two pieces of wood. Last put all the screws in. I don't know what your thinking is so difficult. Sanding and woodfiller can fix any imperfections, unless your cuts are crappy.
Got the box finished and it looks pretty nice, was a ***** to get back into the trunk of my car, but we got it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Only problem I have now is that protection light comes on and amp starts making a whirring sound even though everything is hooked up correctly... Any suggestions on what to do? What wires to test? How to test them?

Hmm. Might want to start another thread in the appropriate section detailing your setup and the problem. Good to hear that about the box though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.