New equipment means new ideas!

Joseph7195
10+ year member

Walkin Tall
Just got some of my new equipment in, and I am so ready to get this build started. I got the Cadence United Series Vegas 4 channel amp, and the
Cadence United Series Dakota Sub amplifier.

ampshippingandnewamp006.jpg

ampshippingandnewamp005.jpg

ampshippingandnewamp004.jpg

I am going to post some pics up of my truck and try to get some help on install options. Since this is a SQ build, I am going to need a lot of help from the SQ guys around here @princ3cmo and @keep_hope_alive

I was lucky to find a piece of 13 ply birch for $35 and I am gonna start the new enclosure build this weekend, and I will be starting a new build log too.

I am gonna be honest, I was expecting a bunch of plastic and cheap construction, but I was WAY wrong. Just these two amps together weigh over 31 pounds and are solid aluminum with no plastic whatsoever. The Vegas amp alone is 135 watts per channel. I was trying my best to find a way to give me a big leadway with power. My biggest problem is figuring out a place to mount things in the truck. I am gonna put up some pics later and ask for mounting suggestions. I really could use some ideas

I got some pics of possible mount locations! Tell me which ones you think are the best locations.

I like this one, kinda plain, but it hides an amp, and there is not much room under the seat for air circulation.

ampmountlocations005.jpg

This setup puts one on the far left and one in the middle, and the battery on the right (which is gonna stay in it's place there)

ampmountlocations004.jpg

This setup puts both under the rear seat, and keeps both hidden, but it is still flowing from left to right.

ampmountlocations003.jpg

This one is the same, just a different view

ampmountlocations002.jpg

This is the one I like, it puts both out from under the seat to be seen by judges and people sitting being demo'd and is in a step pattern.

ampmountlocations001.jpg

If you can think of anything else that would look good, just let me know, I would like some opinions, goods and bads, and everything. All the amps are gonna be mounted on a plate and all wires are gonna be hidden underneath and the wires run through holes to the amps, so it will look clean and nothing but the amps will be seen.

Thanks everyone for your help!

And Ryeon, I underestimated you and Cadence... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/respekt.gif.b162d148236010609fe523122efe3729.gif

I am gonna be honest, I was expecting a bunch of plastic and cheap construction, but I was WAY wrong. Just these two amps together weigh over 31 pounds and are solid aluminum with no plastic whatsoever. The Vegas amp alone is 135 watts per channel. I was trying my best to find a way to give me a big leadway with power. My biggest problem is figuring out a place to mount things in the truck. I am gonna put up some pics later and ask for mounting suggestions. I really could use some ideas
That's awesome to hear! I liked the design, but thought they looked like cheap plastic too, hearing they're aluminum is a big plus!

edit. If you could get a nice picture more from the outside of your truck looking in, that'd be a help. For me, I can't really tell where anything is in there, as I'm not familiar with the truck.

I like the hidden look
also I forgot to mention I had a Cadence Dakota. VERY nice amp. Kinda wish I woulda kept it...
This little amp is really powerful and it sounds GREAT! I never noticed how much noise was being introduced with the Hifonics, But the Hifonics isn't really an SQ amp either. I am way out of my element, thanks for your help Bro!
That's awesome to hear! I liked the design, but thought they looked like cheap plastic too, hearing they're aluminum is a big plus!
edit. If you could get a nice picture more from the outside of your truck looking in, that'd be a help. For me, I can't really tell where anything is in there, as I'm not familiar with the truck.
Yeah, I couldn't believe it either, but I am like most people and was unfamiliar with Cadence, so I assumed and I was wrong. I am really pleased with the performance of the amps so far, so I know it will only get better!! Here are some more pics
ampmountlocations2001.jpg

ampmountlocations2002.jpg

ampmountlocations2004.jpg

ampmountlocations2003.jpg

ampmountlocations2005.jpg

ampmountlocations2006.jpg

I am running out of daylight so I am gonna try to get some more pics in the morning, but you can see there is very little room under the seat for circulation, so that's my biggest problem. I think I might have to fabricate some sort of air conditioning system to cool things off. Hard work, but would probably impress the judges!

End to end looks great, but you'll probably not have enough room to wire them up and access controls.
I am having similar doubts.

ampmountlocations002.jpg

I noticed that if I put them side by side like this, I have no room to connect wires, or at least enough room to make me comfortable. It might be unsafe, so i will have to measure tomorrow after I get some light. My son will be riding above these amps so I have to make sure he's safe.

I am in agreement with the comments about those amps looking sharp!Also look forward to hearing more about how your build goes...
Thanks Man!! I am planning on getting the sub enclosure built tomorrow, so that will take up a huge part of it. I have stripped the truck on many occasions, so I shouldn't have any problems doing the wiring. I would recommend these amps to everyone. Hit me up if you have any questions regarding them, or just hit me up about anything. I am gonna start the new build log tomorrow

Thanks Man!! I am planning on getting the sub enclosure built tomorrow, so that will take up a huge part of it. I have stripped the truck on many occasions, so I shouldn't have any problems doing the wiring. I would recommend these amps to everyone. Hit me up if you have any questions regarding them, or just hit me up about anything. I am gonna start the new build log tomorrow
Sounds good!

What kind of truck you gots, BTW? I'm giving serious consideration to Boston Acoustics for the front comps in my Dodge quad cab.

Oh, and there's a guy asking about quality of Kenwood Excelon HU's and RF subs if you wanna take a look or give him ur thots....

Thread is something like "Been out of the loop for a while"

I have an 02' Ram Quad Cab, and i have the Bosotn's in mine. I love them and they sound warm and inviting, but it took a lot of attention to the doors to bring the midbass out. I was able to get to about 60 Hz but it took a lot of work. I am gonna check that thread out now too

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.