Need a second battery for my truck

Participant count
  • Participants list

Trancer
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Allen, Texas
Hey guys, I have been looking at the car audio battery classifieds and found some batteries that I like. I have never installed a second battery so I dont know much about them. I have tried to read up as much as I can, but the whole amps to hours and other specifications just confuse me, so I apologize ahead of time

Here is my current amplifier setup

Audiopipe 30001D (This will be running at its full potential once I get my 4 8's in) Power Hungry amp

Audiopipe AQX-360.4 (125w x 4 @ 4 ohm) Class A/B

Other electronics

Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1 (This shouldnt be drawing much current) its just a Digital Sound Processor

400 watt Power Inverter (I only use this for my 105 watt power supply for my laptop from time to time

My current Electrical

Big 3

DS144 AC Delco Alternator (Not sure if its 140a or the optional 160a alternator

My factory battery is small. I think its a 650CCA battery

I will be getting a Mechman 270a H.O. alternator. There is a guy on the message board selling one, but he doesnt know the model number so Im awaiting to hear back from him on if it will fit my 2 pin 5.3l Vortec V-8 for my Sierra. (Silverado is the same)

So these are the dimensions I have for my accessory battery tray

10.9" long x 8.5" tall x 8.5" wide

These are the batteries I have found

The Stinger SPP1500D is the front runner in my battery options. It has the most amount of hours of discharge

Stinger SPP1500D (On ebay for $269 free shipping, but might be able to get it cheaper through my dealer)

Dimensions: 10.28" long x 6.75" wide x 7.19" tall (This would fit my accessory battery tray perfectly)

PDF manual

http://www.stingerelectronics.com/images/pdfs/2SPP1500d.pdf

C&D 102ah Battery (model # UPS12-400MR) $85 + shipping (Used)

Its a bit longer than my accessory battery tray, but I may be able to make it fit

Dimensions are: 13.5" x 7" x 9.5".

Here is the PDF for the C&D Batteries: http://www.wilsonengineered.com/Literature/CD/High_Rate_Max_Brochure.pdf

XS Power D1400

Dimensions: 10.24" long x 7.2" tall x 6.65" wide (This will fit no problem)

Couldnt Find a PDF Manual, but here is the battery from XS's website

D1400 « XS Power

C&D Dynasty DCS-100L AGM battery (Used for less than a month. Selling it as BNIB for $150+ ship)

13.42" Long x 6.8" Wide x 9.48 tall (Will need some modifications to fit)

PDF for the DCS-100L

http://www.cdtechno.com/pdf/lit/dcs_100.pdf

Deka dual post 105ah (Used for only 2 months and wasnt used that often. Selling for $150 + shipping)

12.94" long x 9.38" Wide x 6.75 Tall (I think I should be able to get this to fit)

PDF Spec Sheet

http://pvpower.com/uploads/products/8a31dtspec.pdf

So what do you guys think?

i can do a c&d 400mr for 135 shipped bout a year old holds charge at 12.78
If you read the post, I got a guy selling his C&D 400mr for $85 + shipping... Fedex shows $43 for shipping. So that would be $128. If you can go lower, I will consider it once I get some feedback from some people on which battery would be best for me.

If you read the post, I got a guy selling his C&D 400mr for $85 + shipping... Fedex shows $43 for shipping. So that would be $128. If you can go lower, I will consider it once I get some feedback from some people on which battery would be best for me.
im pretty sure i can beat it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif lmk

im pretty sure i can beat it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif lmk
Will do. Thanks!

If you can give an unbiased opinion why the your battery would be better than the others (exclude pricing into consideration) that would help.

Like I said,

I dont know about all of this amperage, discharge rate, amperage at hours, etc... so Im so confused on what is the better deal and better option

Will do. Thanks!
If you can give an unbiased opinion why the your battery would be better than the others (exclude pricing into consideration) that would help.

Like I said,

I dont know about all of this amperage, discharge rate, amperage at hours, etc... so Im so confused on what is the better deal and better option
unbiased IMO its the same as any other 100ah batt.

i had a buddy of mine go froma d3400 to one of these and saw a little gain. other than that most people i have sold to havent told me how they have helped or what they would compare them to

unbiased IMO its the same as any other 100ah batt. i had a buddy of mine go froma d3400 to one of these and saw a little gain. other than that most people i have sold to havent told me how they have helped or what they would compare them to
Thanks for your unbiased opinion. I appreciate that.

Why pay for a name when its just a batt?
I have plenty of buds who have used all kinds of batts and XS outperforms them all...they are good batts just expensive. They are the sundown of battery manufacturers lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.