zigzags jeep grand cherokee build

splwj47
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
i worked on the jeep about 16 hours this weekend, got alot acomplished. it was my first time installing components in a vehicle. still need a few more iteams like a battery and some deadner.

products:

alpine 9885

cdt es 010 tweets

cdt es 6mo (soon to come, should be here end of this week or early next week, ups fvcked the first set up.)

cdt ex 530 xovers

stinger 16 gauge speaker wire

2x stinger rca's

american bass 10 gauge speaker wire (subs)

dc 175.4

dc 2.0k

dc lvl 3 12's

2/0 welding cable power & ground for sub amp

4 gauge bassworx power & ground for mids and highs amp

Sub up and port back is supperior in Jeep.... just saying. Looks clean though.
ya its the box out of my old car just painted it and threw it in the jeep. sounds pretty decent and get down pretty good, but going to be upgrading woofers soon to 2 15 death penaltys and thats what my next box will be subs up port back.

ya its the box out of my old car just painted it and threw it in the jeep. sounds pretty decent and get down pretty good, but going to be upgrading woofers soon to 2 15 death penaltys and thats what my next box will be subs up port back.

Port to the side works well too, you may need to go that way to have enough volume for 15's, keep it below the window line, and not crowd the port too tight into the back wall. Actually I have found that firing the port into a corner is optimum, but not terribly practical for just driving around.

Port to the side works well too, you may need to go that way to have enough volume for 15's, keep it below the window line, and not crowd the port too tight into the back wall. Actually I have found that firing the port into a corner is optimum, but not terribly practical for just driving around.
ya my plan was to do port to the side, why isnt it practival for just driving around? my max demensions are 48w x 30d x 20h to keep it below window so think ill have enough volume for the 15s.

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

can you do the pics bigger at tinypic.com
just click on them they get bigger

ya my plan was to do port to the side, why isnt it practival for just driving around? my max demensions are 48w x 30d x 20h to keep it below window so think ill have enough volume for the 15s. 

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

just click on them they get bigger
Porting INTO THE CORNER isn't practical, to the side is typically easy. You won't have 48" side to side if you want enough room for the port to function.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.