2008 GMC Sierra build for four 8" subs in fiberglass ported box with 3" seat raise

Trancer
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Allen, Texas
Hey guys, here is my build. This will be taking me a while as I am taking my time on this so this thread will be going on for a while.

This is what I am doing:

Removing rear factory sound deadening material
Dynamatting back wall
Making amp rack out of 1/2" mdf wood painted black
Mounted 4 channel amp, 2 distribution blocks, Audiopipe 200a external fuse, Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1 Digital Sound Processor, Focal K2P crossovers, and 400 watt Power Inverter on back wall
Re ran all of my wire
Flush Mounted tweeters in rear doors.

Equipment used

Front: Focal Utopia Components
Rear Focal K2P Components
4 channel amp: Audiopipe AQX-360.4 (125w x 4 @ 4 ohm, 250w x 4 @ 2 ohm) (Thinking of bridging this amp to get more power to my front Focal Utopia's and adding another amp for my rear Focal K2P's
Mono Amp: AudioPipe 3001D (two 1500D's strapped internally. 1500w x 2 @ 2 ohm or 3000w x 1 @ 1 Ohm)
Kicker PDK1 1/0 awg amplifier wiring kit
Big 3 upgrade
6061-T6 Aluminum square tubing for 3" seat raise.
Fiberglass bottom box. Im not sure how much airspace I will get. I wont know till I get the box finished, but it will be ported to 30hz. @cwill5 is helping me out on building this box and I will be getting plenty of stuff from him for my build and my friends build I am doing next week in his Ford Escape
Sealing off the 4 holes in my doors with 1/2 wood. ***** that there are so many holes in my doors. A couple holes in each door are uneven so this is becoming a pain in the rear and very time consuming. I already had them sound deadened. I have the sound deadener peeled off, but will be putting them back on and then laying another layer of Dynamat on top of it so I will have two layers.
3/4" speaker ring adapters in the front for clearance issues and the same for the rear, but this isnt because I have clearance issues; this is so that I have them installed so they will be mounted evenly. The rear stock speakers have mounting adapters that are uneven, so I am making sure that there are no spaces between the speakers and the door.

Future Upgrades
External Battery (Either AGM or Deep Cycle. Currently working on a deal with @Bettr n&\#39; Revrse to buy his battery. This is one good guy here by the way. If he has anything for sale that you need, I will back him up as a reference.

Mechman 270a alternator (I am getting this from a guy here on the board and come to find out, he lives right up the road from me and in the same neighborhood and down the street from two of my friends. One friend is right around the corner and my other friend that lives 3 blocks away. He is an authorized dealer who is getting his custom car audio shop. He is a dealer with Digital Designs, Mechman, Sundown Audio and many many other high end audio equipment manufacturers. I met up with him and saw his garage and I was in shock, awe, and completely amazed with all of his boxes and his Ford Expedition SPL competition truck with two Steve Meade custom 18's in a huge massive box. I recommend this guy highly. If you need anything, contact him and he can get it for you.
He is @cwill5 I highly recommend him and will back him as a reference

Subs:
I am looking at getting either of the following. They are in order in preference from top to bottom

Four SA-8 V2's
Three - Four Digital Designs 1508's (May have to go with 3 due to air space I may end up with. Money is a factor too.)
Four Skar Audio VVX-8
Four Alpine Type R 8's

Ok, I know I am going to get this question asked alot as I have already mentioned it and I have been PM'd about it several times so I am just going to list exactly what I bought and from where.
I bought my metal from Online Metal Store | Small Quantity Metal Orders | Metal Cutting, Sales & Shipping | Buy Steel, Aluminum, Copper, Brass, Stainless | Metal Product Guides at OnlineMetals.com If you type in "aprilfools" you will get a 10% discount. This coupon code has been around for like a year now and still works

Quanity: 4
For the Front and rear sides
6061-T6 ALUMINUM RECTANGLE TUBE
2" x 3" x 0.25" 6061-T6 ALUMINUM RECTANGLE TUBE
3.000000 Inches (L)

For the middle larger brackets

Quanity: 2
6.000000 Inches (L)

For the seat belts

Quanity: 4
2.000000 Inches (L)

And for the extensions for the rear hooks, I got this
https://www.onlinemetals.com/merchan...id=9865&step=4

Quanity: 3
T-316/316L STAINLESS STEEL SHEET / PLATE
0.12" T-316-2B Annealed Stainless Sheet
2.750000 Inch (W) X 3.000000 Inch (L)

This is the truck it will be going in. 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE2 Crew Cab, Texas Edition, Preferred Package, Convenience Package, 20" wheels, painted to match power, heated, and power fold in mirrors, painted to match door handles, Power Adjustable Pedals, Rear Back Up Assist with rear sonar sensors, Stabilitrack on top of the standard Traction Control, Rear Locking Differential, 3.73 rear end, 20" Polished stock wheels, Towing Package, 5.3l Flex Fuel, EZ-Lift rear lift gate assist package with locking tail gate, fog lights, leather bucket seats, Center Console, Driver and Passenger 6 way power adjustable seats

Aftermarket and Modifications:

Billet Aluminum Grill (Removed Factory GMC Emblem in the middle. Brushed Stainless Steel on the surface and inside is black ((Where you stick your fingers between the grill is black)

Painted to match black front and rear bumper (Originally Chrome)

Painted to match black outer grill trim (Originally Chrome)

Spintech 6000 Pro Street single in Dual Out at 45* exits

Black 4" diameter 18" long tail pipes/tips

15% Front Tint

3 1/2% Rear Door Tint

2 1/2% Back Window Tint

Stock Picture of my truck when I purchased it while sitting at the dealership while they were working up the paperwork for me to sign for my new truck:

Truckatthedealership.jpg

First Grill. Here are couple pictures before I did the paint to match bumpers, grill, and grill replacement

Truckwithnewgrillandtint.jpg

SNC00470.jpg

Before and After Picture:

BeforeandAfter.jpg

New Grill before painted to match modifications

311955_10150301865619413_509279412_7896376_4227090_n.jpg

295914_10150318181844413_509279412_8013796_868795085_n.jpg

2011-11-29_16-28-49_801-1.jpg

After Pictures with my painted to match Modifications:

Murderedouttruckfront.jpg

Murderedouttruckrear.jpg

I removed my center console to see if I could fit my Audiopipe 3001D under my center console. Its simply too long for me to fit so this didnt work. If it was just a bout 6 inches shorter, it would have worked. If it was a couple inches wider it wouldnt have worked either. There isnt much room under there as I thought as under the deep storage, there is a metal bracket that gets in the way. Plus where there is a deep storage unit in the very front, it hits the floor.

2012-02-18_19-47-40_493-1.jpg

2012-02-18_19-48-02_784-1.jpg

The culprit of the deep front storage unit

2012-02-18_18-32-16_687-2.jpg

Center Console without the insert:

2012-02-18_18-31-54_509-2.jpg

The insert:

2012-02-18_18-32-07_765-2.jpg

Removed factory sound foam and carpet before Dynamat

2012-03-18_15-27-23_640.jpg

2012-03-18_15-27-56_248.jpg

Dynamatted

2012-03-18_18-03-50_207.jpg

Me lining up my amps to see how to place them:

2012-03-18_18-26-08_984.jpg

Figured out I could only fit one or the other amps:

2012-03-18_18-45-32_580.jpg

Mounting in progress. Before making my wires all pretty. You can see my T6 Aluminum square tubing installed for my 3" seat raise

GOPR0202.jpg

Amplifier mounted

GOPR0209.jpg

Distribution Blocks and external Audiopipe 200a fuse holder for Audiopipe 3001D

GOPR0207.jpg

Getting closer

GOPR0204.jpg

Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1 DSP and 400watt Power Inverter

GOPR0203.jpg

This should be good. Can't wait to see the glassed box. BTW, truck looks good.
Thank you for the compliment.

The box will be fiberglassed on the bottom and the rear lip.

I got my idea and I am using this thread as a reference. His truck is an OBS 2001 Extended cab.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/461637-4-10-s-under-rear-seat-silverado-ext-cab.html

He was able to get over 5 cubic feet of airspace after displacement in his ported box and ran 4 RE SE 10's. I use to run two RE SE 12's in a sealed Subthump box with .83 cu ft before driver displacement so I wasn't using them to their full advantage. They were wanting more airspace. If I could run four RE SE 10's, I would. The OBS trucks, even the extended cab trucks, have more room under there than the NBS Crew Cab trucks unfortunately, so I wont be able to get 5.9 cu ft of airspace before port and sub displacement and just a tad over 5 cu ft after displacement like he was able to do.He tuned it to 32hz, so he had quite a bit of port displacement. About .75 cu ft of port displacement with 3 4" aero ports. He did a 4" seat raise. I did a 3" seat raise. Hopefully this wont bite me in the rear, but I didnt want to raise my seats that high. I plan on doing one precision port on firing one at the passenger door and one at the drivers side door. So even though I will be going with 2hz lower, which will make my port a bit longer, I wont be doing 3 ports, I'll be doing 2, so that should help me out with not having so much port displacement.

That's all I have for now. I have made alot more progress. I worked till 4 a.m. last night so I have made alot more progress last night. I just need to take pictures.

With me being in the hospital for 3 weeks, having major abdominal surgery and me losing 35 pounds of muscle that I worked my @ss off in the gym for the past year, its all gone. My legs are sooooo sore from me working on my truck last night, picking stuff up, bending down, crouching, crawling around in my truck, etc... Oh Im so sore. Thank goodness I have hydrocodone or I'd be in some serious ankle pain from my car accident I had 5 years ago and the soreness would be killing me. Sounds like I need to be drinking some of my protein drinks in my fridge so that I can utilize that soreness and regain that muscle back in my legs. Got a Dr appointment next week and I am going to ask when I can get back in the gym. I am SKINNY as fock!!! I was ripped and tanned before I went into the hospital. Now Im pale and weigh as much as a 7th grader

Looks good with the painted bumpers. A lot better than the chrome IMO. Did you do it yourself or have someone else paint it? Awesome component choices also

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.