Hey everyone,

I'm 26, live in Ohio, work in law enforcement.

New to car audio. Hoping to pick up some tips and tricks on things and learn a bit from people more experienced in this sort of thing. Right now trying to figure out how to turn my Trailblazer into a mobile soundwagon. Any advice is appreciated!

welcome satan

5L95O05Fe3k93M13Jdc2jda7ecdad874a1411.jpgbought from ridinhi,vitveet,dbr,sicaudio and 99grandprixgt, and more ........... sold to player3,foomasta69, pitbull, brodiesel and dragnix 12887 traded with louisiana crx

"noobs that come in the dome will get gang raped!"

nothing but a stock fosgate system with gps and back up camera lol

2012 nissan sentra spec v with some goodies cumming though

Welcome, and someone told me this hobby is a $ pit when I first started, and how true that was. what are your goals? And what kind of budget are u on? You may want to look at the stickies and read up on some things.

Welcome, and someone told me this hobby is a $ pit when I first started, and how true that was. what are your goals? And what kind of budget are u on? You may want to look at the stickies and read up on some things.

Eventually I'd like to have something epic. Budget is hard to put a specific number on, due to the fact that it's going to be coming in sections. A few hundred bucks here and there for different things. Wanting to start off with speakers, then receiver, then work on subs/amps/etc. And space is totally not an issue. I've got a 2003 Trailblazer EXT LT.

My thoughts are, if I don't skimp on the speakers, then that's one thing I don't have to worry about having to upgrade. Same with the cables. The amp/subs/etc. can all be somewhat easily upgraded and swapped out, so I'm okay with starting out kinda "average" with those.

Am I correct on all that?

welcome to my house

2002 suburban

Security System Code alarm

Electrical Dc power sp270 7 deka 9A31's and lots of 1/0

Headunit pioneer 880prs

Amps 2 Sax125.2 front stage crossfire xs8k@.5

Wiring lots of 1/0 stinger, tsunami

Mids & Tweeters 2 sets cdt m6+ mids 2 sets cdt tw25 tweets

Subs 2-18" nightshade v2's d2

System DetailsDaily driver.

Welcome, what part of Ohio are you from?

506c59b5b8ec2.gif

References-

Sold to: 2lo2flo, JoshNavy28, BlactimusCrime, outsideshot23, viveet, miska_man

Bought from: BassAddictJ, KickerRex, CerwinVega_Fan, loudrc

Traded: Mike of Tulsa, Bettr n' Revrse, Bumpin' Goalie

Welcome, what part of Ohio are you from?

Southeast. Pretty much right on the border of WV.

Southeast. Pretty much right on the border of WV.

Bit of a haul from where I am, If you dont mind the drive and prefer not to have a box shipped I am getting into making boxes for subs. I have been quite successful in the past, just something to keep in mind possibly.

506c59b5b8ec2.gif

References-

Bit of a haul from where I am, If you dont mind the drive and prefer not to have a box shipped I am getting into making boxes for subs. I have been quite successful in the past, just something to keep in mind possibly.

Appreciate the offer, but I actually love doing woodwork. Plus, since this is one of those "first-time" things, I really wanna try to do it all on my own...every step of the way. I'll definitely keep it in mind though in case I run into problems along the way or just don't have the time to build it custom on my own.

Also, thanks for you service.

Appreciate the offer, but I actually love doing woodwork. Plus, since this is one of those "first-time" things, I really wanna try to do it all on my own...every step of the way. I'll definitely keep it in mind though in case I run into problems along the way or just don't have the time to build it custom on my own.

Also, thanks for you service.

No problem man, I really enjoy this stuff so dont hesitate to ask questions... I tend to not bash guys that are new to this as well ;)

506c59b5b8ec2.gif

References-

No problem man, I really enjoy this stuff so dont hesitate to ask questions... I tend to not bash guys that are new to this as well ;)

Yeah, I like to dive in headfirst. I'm one of those people who has to learn from doing something hands-on, but advice and tips are always welcome. I may end up running some dimensions past you regarding the box. I'm going to go out and get measurements of my cargo area tomorrow that way I know exactly what I'm working with.

I'm really not planning to start installing anything for a good month or so, this is simply the planning phase. I like to have things well-planned and organized. I started a build log so I'll upload some pictures and dimensions to it tomorrow. Feel free to follow along with it.

what city steel? probably not too far from me.

REF's: Revrider1, Kevinn, darkhunter139, 2002XLT,

lax916, bad @ss chevy, dropped_mazda, integra88, CRXBMPN, 88irocZ, the franchise, SlainNothing, pootie, khmer rouge, NewAgeKing, thegreatestpenn, oneill584, headless, scoob8000, Blados,ProjectPechkin, Krackerjack, CrownVicon24's, Louisiana_CRX, go_go_thrash, IonSQL, PBateman, ericoutdoorguy, Flomaster, B-roc, RetroAudioinc, ampjunkielikeme, bur1196, integra2468, illbmeubu, j3bus2k3, wgsj_fortvalley, l7runner, Fast1one, +many more

Ref thread:

http://caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/286493-oldschool4me-feedback-thread.html

R.I.P Taylor Lampart (NewAgeKing) 5/13/1988 - 1/24/2010

Welcome.

HU - Pioneer

Front Stage - Old school MB Quartz run off a JL e2150

Rear Stage - Stock - well one works, LOL

Sub - Tang Band 740C in between the front seats

Sub Amp - A tiny Kenwood. - because it fits under the seat.

Total Spent on everything $50.

The Marietta area. You?

ok so you are a good ways from me then lol. im little south of youngstown.

REF's: Revrider1, Kevinn, darkhunter139, 2002XLT,

lax916, bad @ss chevy, dropped_mazda, integra88, CRXBMPN, 88irocZ, the franchise, SlainNothing, pootie, khmer rouge, NewAgeKing, thegreatestpenn, oneill584, headless, scoob8000, Blados,ProjectPechkin, Krackerjack, CrownVicon24's, Louisiana_CRX, go_go_thrash, IonSQL, PBateman, ericoutdoorguy, Flomaster, B-roc, RetroAudioinc, ampjunkielikeme, bur1196, integra2468, illbmeubu, j3bus2k3, wgsj_fortvalley, l7runner, Fast1one, +many more

Ref thread:

http://caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/286493-oldschool4me-feedback-thread.html

R.I.P Taylor Lampart (NewAgeKing) 5/13/1988 - 1/24/2010

HI, welcome most in this forum, Hope you will enjoy your stay here.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now