prefab'd box for hfx12d4 subs?

chris015
10+ year member

sc
Nailed some hfx subs dirt cheap locally. I cant build a box for **** and this is just a budget build system. Im cruising around on ebay etc looking for a box thats good enough for 2 of these subs.

specs on subs

Minimum Sealed Box Volume 1.25 cubic feet

Maximum Sealed Box Volume 1.25 cubic feet

Minimum Ported Box Volume 1.6 cubic feet

Maximum Ported Box Volume 2.0 cubic feet

Top-Mount Depth 5-5/8"

Cutout Diameter 10-15/16"

Im looking at the boxs from this ebay seller :

12" Dual Vented Ported Subwoofer Enclosure Sub woofer Box 3/4 MDF - BXV122-GR | eBay

hes got some sealed and ported boxs for around 45 bucks with free shipping. I really like the clean sound from sealed box's. The kid in me also loves rattling mirrors with the ported.So ported or sealed,it doesnt really matter to me. Im somewhat new to the sub world. I got most of everything down but when it comes to matching subs to box's.

Im running a ****** box now that someone built with 2 fosgate subs and a mono amp. Im giving those to my brother for his mazda. So a new box is a must. im keeping the amp. Box size doesnt matter to me as its going in the back of a k5 blazer.

If anyone can help me find a box for under $60 that these subs will work best in,id greatly appreciate it.

haha a little. Id spend more,but with a kid on the way and my S10 v8 swap,money has elsewhere to go.

I dont have the saws etc to do it,and I work 60 hours a week. I just rather buy a prefab. if these were high dollar subs,in my daily driver id spend the money on a good box. Thanks

I dont have the saws etc to do it,and I work 60 hours a week. I just rather buy a prefab. if these were high dollar subs,in my daily driver id spend the money on a good box. Thanks
Just hit up craigslist and snag a sealed enclosure with close the right specs. Then just reseal it and you should be ok for the most part.

haha ive actually been on craigs for the past hour. Every teenager locally thinks they're xplode subs with box is worth $350. I cant find nothing locally.

mine is ported
mine too, its a JLA pre enclosure, came with a W6v2 and they used an Aeroport even. i measured to see what it was tuned to and its either 34hz or 35 hz as i can't remember exactly now. but sounds awesome. had it for a couple years now and can't complain, still looks brand new.

I noticed S/O (sound ordnance) has some very well braced pre fabs and dirt cheap too if you don't get it from CF of course.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.