Audio CD does not display Song/Artist/Album on Pioneer AVH-P4400BH

In my experience with Pioneer units, it only works with certain CDs....for instance, CDs I burned straight from iTunes. But, if I used my burner to make copies of it, it usually wouldnt show the titles, etc.

In my experience with Pioneer units, it only works with certain CDs....for instance, CDs I burned straight from iTunes. But, if I used my burner to make copies of it, it usually wouldnt show the titles, etc.
Thanks for the reply!

My friend has AVH-3300BT and it shows just fine like 3 different CDs. It has to be something with this model.

all depends on the cd. hell my cruze factory cd player would only show half of the info off the cd like tracks 1,5,7,9,10,and 13 then if i ejected the cd and put it in again it would have a different set tracks labeled.idk it was weird. but when i burned a mp3 disc it would show every label. same with my old pioneer 7300

all depends on the cd. hell my cruze factory cd player would only show half of the info off the cd like tracks 1,5,7,9,10,and 13 then if i ejected the cd and put it in again it would have a different set tracks labeled.idk it was weird. but when i burned a mp3 disc it would show every label. same with my old pioneer 7300
Do you happen to have this particular model?

This is what I see when Audio CD is being played:

szOV2.jpg

How many CD's have you tried? I know a lot of downloaded ones won't do it, but some do....just depends on how they encode them I believe.

I know most new CD's do it, but older ones won't.

My 9400 BH Pioneer I just got plays most titles on it.

How many CD's have you tried? I know a lot of downloaded ones won't do it, but some do....just depends on how they encode them I believe.
I know most new CD's do it, but older ones won't.

My 9400 BH Pioneer I just got plays most titles on it.
I've tried quite a few. As you can see on that picture it does not even say "no data provided" there's no spot for all the info. I wish there was someone with same model to try it.

Does your info come across with everything else? Such as your flashdrive or when connecting via stuff off your cell phone? I have a BH model, just not the DD unit and it works with everything. I didn't change anything around, just worked.

HD radio should show the name of artists and or song as well. That works right? If so, then it just must be something on the CD side or for some odd reason it is in your settings somewhere.

I have this same problem with this HU. I am using real CDs, not burned ones.

Please let me know if you find a solution.

Also, how did you get the time to be large? On my unit, it is small and in the corner.

Does your info come across with everything else? Such as your flashdrive or when connecting via stuff off your cell phone? I have a BH model, just not the DD unit and it works with everything. I didn't change anything around, just worked.
HD radio should show the name of artists and or song as well. That works right? If so, then it just must be something on the CD side or for some odd reason it is in your settings somewhere.
Info comes across USB Flashdrive (mp3) & HD Radio just not on Audio CD.

I have this same problem with this HU. I am using real CDs, not burned ones.
Please let me know if you find a solution.

Also, how did you get the time to be large? On my unit, it is small and in the corner.
I've called Pioneer support today and explained my issue and guy assured me that this model has ability to read Audio CD text as long as on CD cover it says CD-Text

doWgI.gif

If it does not display then there's a problem with this unit and I should take t back where I bought it.

Like I said on my friends model #AVH-3300BT it displays everything fine.

I will go to Best Buy and buy a new audio CD that has that logo on the cover and then I'll go where I bought it to see if they can do anything but I doubt it.

Can you verify if your CD cover has above logo?

In order to see large clock you need to select this clock theme:

wg98N.jpg

When you burn a CD burn it as a Data CD. Not Audio. SQ will suffer though.
EDIT: Are you using burnt CDs or true CDs?
I know I can burn them as mp3s on a data CD but I can achieve the same result if I transfer them on USB flash drive.

I've tried both burned and original audio CDs. For original I do not have cover so I can't verify if above CD-Text logo is on it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.