Can this be fixed?

stl_314
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
mo
2012-02-18_01-44-38_762.jpg

If that's how it sits without you pulling up on the cone, I'd say not likely since it may be difficult to get the cone lined up evenly. I'd suspect if you can get the dustcap off, mate the pieces up, and actually line it up nicely you can glue that to hold. I would use some thick CA glue first to secure it and seal up the seem then throw a huge bead of Amazing Goop over that. Worst case scenario you're only out a few bucks in glue for trying.

The biggest risk with this I see is that if things aren't aligned the cone will tend to wobble and rub the coil in the gap.

Also what type of woofer is that and how did this happen?

Burped 4500 rms to a type r, still lines up perfect im just pushing it on the pic so u can see

Its not a big deal but ive had it sitting here for a year so I was just curious

2 aq 2200s 1 300 amp alt 4 deka 9a31s not sure what hu I had though

i pulled out my hdc's and burped the type r at 28 hz

its fixable as a beater sub.

pull the cap

shim the coil

align up the cone with ripped cone

use thin ca glue ,let it soak in

after ca cures sand a 4" circle on the cone around where it ripped then puddle epoxy

cone down on sub brush epoxy on the back side.

Thnx spl but how do I pull the cap on a type r

And for everyone else I had it laying around for a while and did not want to mess up my aqs so I burped it to see what my amps were actually doing

Thnx spl but how do I pull the cap on a type r

And for everyone else I had it laying around for a while and did not want to mess up my aqs so I burped it to see what my amps were actually doing
I'm sure your amp loved that short and impedance fluctuation. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

my amps are fine, both coils on the sub are fine

i even hooked to sub up and it still works but u can hear it hitting the dust cap bad lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

stl_314

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
stl_314
mo
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date