Too much power to components?

Participant count
  • Participant list

BreakThisBread
10+ year member

I'm considering purchasing HAT Imagines and powering them with my US Amps Md22 which puts out 200 @ 4 and I know headroom is a good thing, but is this too much? If so is there a proper way to still use this amp without overpowering them? Can I turn the gain down? I really don't want to go through the process of selling the amp and buying another.

Yes you can turn down the gain and be fine,

good thing about that is you can set with a dmm to exact watts u want and know you are not clipping from the gain too high

as stated above you can use a dmm to set it to the exact watts you want it putting out or take it to a local car audio shop and they will probably help you out and tune it but for a price

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.