Is Audison worth the price?

ten_ton_bass
10+ year member

My local dealer/installer is all about Audison/ Hertz. And I am well aware of their quality. When I upgrade my full range sometime in the future I am sure he will try to push it on me.

It seems even Audison's entry level products are still quite pricey. Just wondering if it is really worth the money.

I just bought the Audison Bit Ten DSP from him but have not had it installed yet, waiting for my subs and box to arrive.

Depends on what equipment you're looking at as well. You also have to consider that Hertz is mostly only sold through local dealers and is usually a lot more expensive than online shopping. But, I personally don't feel their comps are worth the price except for the Mille. Their subs are decent, but I wouldnt buy one new. As far as their amps, unless I find a good deal on one, I'll never own one. Just cant justify the price on their stuff. Pretty nice stuff just pricey. Same way I see JL Audio,very nice stuff but, only things, off the top of my head, that I could see myself buying new (online prices) are the C2 Comps and the w6v2 subs.

I believe it comes down to personal preference. If your goal is to run a gazillion watts to a couple of 18's to make some noise, Audison is probably not for you.

If you are looking for good SQ for a front stage consisting of quality drivers, then its probably worth a look.

I have personally never owned one. However, if I were in that market, I would look at the overall package. Talk to some that have owned them. How did they like them? How was their service? What's their longevity like?

The amplifier brand that I'm partial to has great SQ, awesome service, and exceptional longevity. I'm always willing to pay more for the entire package.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck.

For the average guy, Audison is not for them. It would be a waste of money. You would be better served putting the extra money into a great install, and lesser gear. You can have a million dollar system, in a $20 install and sound like crap, or you can have $20 equipment in a great install and sound like gold.

having owned LOTSX of different speaker sets. i'll take my MLK 3 set over pretty much any of the internet brands //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

and the HSKxl setup i would take those as well over all the internet brands

Amps, ypu the same story, i prefer a nice quality amplifier thats based on a sound engineers design rather then an amp that some guy got in a catalog picked parts ordered 100 started a preorder because he never had the money in the first place to order the amps and then sell them as some facinating amp. I'm not picking on one company thats just pretty much a cookie cutter of the majority of the popular internet amps out there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.