need help designing my blow thru enclosure for my truck

Participant count
  • Participant list

tundra1221
10+ year member

ok so i have a box 17" deep 49" wide 23 1/2" tall tuned to 35hz with 4" port..... then i have a box/port on the face of that that is 4" wide (inside diameter).... the idea was to increase cone space with 3 15" subs and increase box space while still using only a 1000watt rms amp. but my question is how do i maintain my 35 hz tunning with the 4 inch port on the face? and wont i have a alot of canceling sense i have a ported box blowing into another port? anything helps thanks can send pics pm meView attachment 26530771View attachment 26530772View attachment 26530773

What kind of 15" drivers are you going to utilize?

Can you increase your dimensions for enclosure size? By the time you have enough volume and port you'll have to be larger. Dependent on the drivers, I'd at least scrounge up 10 cubes gross, with ~100sqin of port area at the least.

Would you mind asking your question another route? I guess I'm trying to make sense of your question in the OP but I'm not sure exactly what you're asking.

ok my problem is that i built a ported box like in the pic for 3 cheap 15" subs like really cheap just so i could use all the 1000 watts and alot of cone space. but then i wanted to put it in the canopy of my truck and have it blow thru into my truck cab.....so i put the boot on my canopy and built a box over the face so that the sound would be directed into the cab of my truck....but because i put the cap/box/port thing on the front of the box there is bass cancelation and idk how to tune it......if anyone can think of a better set up that will do the same job i will do it! haha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.