confused.. popped fuse

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have done this before, with a new brand amp I wasn't familiar with. My problem was the amp was set-up different than my old amp, and the positive and negative were backward from my old amp. I was putting the positive wire in negative on the amp, and the negative wire in the positive slot on the amp. May not have anything to do with what was going on with you, but it could be worth a look, hope you find the problem bro!

I have done this before, with a new brand amp I wasn't familiar with. My problem was the amp was set-up different than my old amp, and the positive and negative were backward from my old amp. I was putting the positive wire in negative on the amp, and the negative wire in the positive slot on the amp. May not have anything to do with what was going on with you, but it could be worth a look, hope you find the problem bro!
no im correct as far as that goes im confused ive checked over everything twice was really hoping its something stupid i was missing lol. might have to send the amp back i suppose.

no im correct as far as that goes im confused ive checked over everything twice was really hoping its something stupid i was missing lol. might have to send the amp back i suppose.
There is a dead short somewhere. Put your dmm across the + and - on the amp and tell us how many ohms you see.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.