Ninesvnsicks

Midrange Sealed Enclosures?

Does anyone know if there is a company in USA that sells something like these?

Midrange Enclosure 3 Litre'

I'm helping my dad with his home stereo and we have a couple of 6.5" mids we need to make enclosures for and something like this would be perfect but it would be faster and maybe cost less if it was from America also I've never heard of this that site or company before.

Just use a piece of pvc and a cap for the back. Fill it with polyfil to absorb the back wave. Done

Just use a piece of pvc and a cap for the back. Fill it with polyfil to absorb the back wave. Done

Yeah so far going to get a couple pvc dust caps but idk was still hoping for something like this just in case.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By joelbah
      I have a very beginner system and I'm a newb...please bear with me.

Power Akoustic BAMF 800/2 amp (something like that)
      Kenwood HU, (can't remember which one)
      Two older Polk Audio 150w 10" subs
      Q-logic 2x10" Bandpass box (here's a pic of the box: http://images.craigslist.org/3m33o53l75Y05U35P3a8i4dd43288d269130a.jpg)

Oh yeah and my car is Mazda Protege 5 hatchback.

Here's my question. I have heard bandpass enclosures are efficient but muddy and loose/boomy sounding. I don't have a lot of power to begin with, but I rarely turn my subs all the way up anyway.

I just like a punchy, clear sound cause I mostly listen to rock and some torqued-out aggressive synth stuff from time to time. I think I would rather sacrifice some power for some clarity and tightness.

I am thinking of getting a sealed enclosure. Maybe ported? I would love to spend less than $50. Is this possible at all? Overall I'm fairly happy...not a huge car audio snob yet, but I would love a tighter sound. Also If I could save some trunk space that would be awesome as well.

Would a sealed box do the trick?
      How much power am I going to lose?
      Can anyone recommend a 2x10" box for cheap?
      is this one worth $40? New MDF Sealed Dual Enclosure Box 2SL 10" 1.5 Black - eBay (item 370443048599 end time Oct-15-10 13:54:25 PDT)
    • By awgg08
      I have a 2008 toyota tacoma access cab. I have limited space and want some good quality hard hitting bass out of my 12" 4 ohm 1000 watt RMS alphasonik sub. And i also havent decided on what amp to go with i want something that wont break the bank right now but not junk. Thanks in advance guys i appreciate the help. oh and i have only had sealed boxes and liked them but dont have the stuff to build ported.
    • By hesston95
      Hey all. I really need help with a box design like specs and things. Im new to the box building thing so please keep it simple. The box it for a 15" RF T1 4 ohm sub. Going in a 2000 Dodge Neon. the limitaions are 17" high and 35" wide. Depth doesn't really matter. Please help me out with dementions. Thanks=]
    • By Desol8
      Hey all,
      I just got into the Subwoofer department with a single Alpine SWR 1043D running on an Alpine M500/1. I just ran all the wiring in my car and I'm waiting to build my box.

Here is where I needed a little advice. I want to tune the box to 32-34hz to get a good range of benefits from the 10". My thought is that the 10" is ideal for rock/metal where a slotted box tuned to a semi-lower frequency would be good for dance/techno. Kind of getting the best for both worlds. Opposite ends of the spectrum right?

I also attached a picture of the dimensions i used from the RE L-Ported Speaker Box Calculator
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]26523162[/ATTACH]
      The recommendation for the sub is 1'-1.5' ported. The net volume before the sub displacement (but after the port displacement it looks like on the calculator) is 1.181ft^3 and the frequency is 32.2317hz. I'm assuming that after the displacement of the sub (.08ft^3) the volume should come down to about 1.1ft^3 and the frequency will increase a little bit.

Thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks you!
    • By focused313
      Enclosure - Ported box. 2 Single-chambers. 12"

I noticed my bass sounded horrible the other day, so I popped the hatch and noticed one of my subs was literally falling out. The screws had completely came out of multiple locations.

To temporarily fix this, I simply turned the sub a bit to drill new holes, but I'd like to know if there is a way to make the box "good as new" again. Wood fill? Pre-drilling tips?

Thanks for any help