Recently Browsing 0 members
I wanna know how to calculate this volume effecitently and accurately. Everything you see I’ve done myself! Everything is 2 layered 3/4 mdf so far. Back wall is also thinker than the 1 1/2. Because of 2x4 bracing. This car has every bit of 200$ in foam. Just to keep from splitting body panels. Thanks for all your help guys any advice info would be awesome I definitely should have been on here sooner but I can update photos and share progress through out the whole build. Plan is 2 zv5 18s on 1 Subdown 7500 or 2 saz 3,500 lmk what u think appreciate it! Also looking for another saz 3500 if anyone knows where I can get one! I have one already.
Stay bassin ☝🏻
I did it. Thanks to 'bigaudiofanatic' from here and the umpteen people whose posts I have been reading for a couple of weeks. Thanks to Douglas Baker for his awesome blog and Bavarian Sound Works. Most importantly thanks to the quotes by local shops of $700+ for what I have done in $150, as that was my biggest motivation.
Now moving to the pics:
The ride: 02 BMW 540i with DSP.
Subs - 2 x JBL GTi MKII 10"
Amp - Sundown SAE-1000D
Headunit - Stock
Wiring - Kicker 4GA kit I pulled from my honda.
Box - Sealed .75^3/Sub.
The trunk with stock subwoofer enclosure:
After I removed it:
Stock DSP Amp:
as the title says...let me know what u have...trying not to break the bank so over 400$ dont bother
I am selling my Image Dynamics SPL 15 that is in great shape and sounds excellent!This sub is extremely rare and there is only 6 of them ever made.These were made by Image Dynamics,not just a recone on a motor.This has the same specs as the Atomic APXX but I was told this is actually bigger.I have two of the APX 15's and is bigger than those.There is only one terminal but is a quad voice coil,the coils are wired internally .This sub is a BEAST and with the right box and power will pull some great numbers!The specs are the same as the Atomic APXX,I bought it but really didnt need it.I figured it would make someone a great competition sub or great daily listening.The sub is in great condition and has a some spots on the back of the motor and is only cosmetic the rest of the sub is perfect!This sub will kill your W7's,9500's and most of the competition out there!
I may accept trades,I am mostly looking for amps,large blown amps,wire,HO alternator.
Here are the specs:
* Super eXTREME SPL competition woofer
* high sensitivity, extreme efficient motor to ensure high SPL possible
* Rigid Die cast aluminum basket
* Organic long fiber non-pressed cone body for accurate tight bass
* Highly damped Kevlar and carbon fiber reinforced cone body
* triple layers foam surround increase the power capacity of woofer
* Extended neck joints on cone, coil and spider strengthen the integrity of moving structure for high power capacity
* Compressed mounting ring gasket
* vented coil for extra heat dissipation
* 3 inch high temp aluminum voice coil
* extended, machined cut one piece back plate
* Powerful double stacked high energy magnet
* over 2-1/2 inch long excursion motor structure
* reinforced resin impregnated polycotton spider extend the life span of the speaker from material fatigue and collapse.
* integrated heavy duty lead wire on spider prevent short circuit and melt down
* dome shape dust cap design
* low carbon front and back plate
* Vented magnetic gap technology
* Laser etched, machined and chromed back plate
Make me any reasonable offer,I need the cash for wiring and a new alternator.