BNIB (2) TC Sounds LMS-R 12" Subwoofers Brand New in Box straight from TC Sounds

Trancer
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Allen, Texas
Item(s) for Sale:

I have two TC Sounds LMS-R 12's. These subwoofers are absolutely insane. I wish I could run these in my truck, but I simply just don't have the space to do it with. I have a crew cab 2008 Sierra so you can understand why I cant fit these. I want to run ported, which is why I am going with some SA-8's ported.

You can check them out here which are sold exclusivity through Parts Express for $369.05 a piece PLUS shipping.

I have read that people who are not running the recommended wattage, which is 1000wrms, are running anywhere from 1400-2500 watts rms to each subwoofer. These subs really dont start to shine till you break the 1200 watt barrier. These subs also perform exceptionally well in a ported enclosure over a sealed enclosure, HOWEVER, they do have a very flat response curve for a true Sound Quality driver if you decide to use a sealed box. These subs just really dive down extremely low, if tuned low, in a ported box. I will place bets with anyone that these subwoofers will dive down lower, louder and deeper than the subs you have.

Once again, I wish I could fit these in my crew cab truck. I just simply cannot. I can only go by hooking my amp up to my friends pair of LMS-R 12's in his Explorer and watch that Ford nearly come apart with so much percision, accuracy, no distortion, super ultra deep lows, and SPL that would blow your mind. I even had, which unfortunately is now my ex girlfriend, do the hair trick in the Explorer with the two 12's and my 3000wrms amplifier.

Overview

The LMS-R 12" subwoofer brings linear motor technology to a 3" diameter voice coil driver. Capable of over 2" of peak-to-peak excursion with absolute linearity, this driver is in a low-frequency sound-quality class of its own!

Highlights

High-temperature low eddy-current stainless steel voicecoil former

Patent-pending 2+2 ohm dual voicecoil LMS motor technology

10" linear spider suspension with large integral lead-wires

195 oz. magnet motor structure

Patent-pending XBR tall profile surround for 3" peak-to-peak travel

Field-replaceable top assembly system

Large anti-flux-modulation shorting ring

TC Sounds LMS-R 12" DVC Subwoofer

The LMS-R 12" subwoofer brings linear motor technology to a 3" diameter voice coil driver. Capable of over 2" of peak-to-peak excursion with absolute linearity, this driver is in a low-frequency sound-quality class of its own! Equally suitable for sealed or vented enclosures, this driver delivers both unsurpassed sound quality and SPL! Used in world-renowned recording studios.

Specifications:

• Power handling: 1,000 watts RMS/4,000 watts peak

• VCdia: 3"

• Le: 4.7 mH

• Impedance: 2 ohms per coil x 2

• RE: 3.96 ohms

• Frequency range: 15 - 150 Hz

• Fs: 28.0 Hz

• SPL: 84.5 dB

• Vas: 1.38 cu. ft.

• Qms: 6.70

• Qes: 0.46

• Qts: 0.43

• Xmax: 29.4

• Dimensions: Overall diameter 12.60", Cutout diameter 11.16", Depth 7.15"

• Weight: 38.2 lbs.

Note: All specifications are with voice coils connected in series.

Item(s) Description/Condition:

BNIB. These have never been powered up or anything. I was thinking of running a temporary box by using my 40 part of my 40/60 rear bench seat, but I just dont want to turn my truck into a 4 person truck. I already have a center console so the front is already a 2 seater. So I will be going with some SA-8 V2's once I get these sold.

I have taken out the subwoofers to take ACTUAL pictures. I have also assembled the top and bottom assemblies so everyone knows what they are dealing with. I have not powered these up, so they are considered BNIB, straight from TC Sounds.

Currently my truck is in pieces so I dont even have a way to put any power to these subs anyway. Trust me, I have been itching to build a box just to hear what these things can do in my truck. All I can go by, is what I heard from my friends Explorer with two of these same 12's in his Explorer with 2500wrms in a 3 cu ft box tuned to 28hz and it absolutely just murdered the lows like I have never heard before. I just wish I had a Tahoe, like I have been wanting for the past couple of years, so I could just throw these in a 30hz tuned ported box and let these wang, but I just simply dont have the room.

Price:

Price from partsexpress.com has them at $369.05 each plus shipping.

I am willing to let these go for $340 shipped each to your home. I won't break these up unless I have two committed buyers, then I will split the two up.

So for the pair I will do $660 shipped.

The magnet weighs in at 30.5 pounds. I had to test this out by taking it to my scale and weighing just the magnets themselves. Total overall weight of just one subwoofer is 38.5 pounds. With the packaging and subwoofer, we are looking at 40 pounds. I will ship these however you prefer. If you prefer to have them shipped as TC Sounds shipped them; upper assembly in one box and the bottom 30.5 pound magnet in another box or I can ship each subwoofer ASSEMBLED in one box.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Price includes shipping, which will cost me about $40-60 to ship EACH since these weigh in at 40 pounds packed. They come with TC Sounds warranty

I'd prefer local pick up since these are so heavy and costly to ship, but I have everything to ship these in since I still have the boxes that the top and bottom assemblies came in with. I just took them out for pictures.

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

Receiving the packages

2012-02-09_16-40-00_721.jpg

2012-02-09_16-40-08_236.jpg

2012-02-09_16-40-14_908.jpg

2012-02-09_16-41-50_790.jpg

2012-02-09_16-42-05_221.jpg

2012-02-09_17-06-21_676.jpg

You can find more pictures here

http://www.photobucket.com/TCSoundsLMSR12

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want to say.... THIS IS HOW YOU FUCKING SELL SHIT! Stacked this thread up with pictures of everything imaginable for these woofers, and that's what I like to see in a seller. I hope you sell these quick, but at over $6,000 for the pair, it's gonna be hard to get some offers in...

These TC subs are gorgeous and I've only hear great things from them, plus, they come from San Diego, so that makes them awesome.

Sorry guys. LOL I made a typo, obviously!! I think for over $6k, we are talking about an entire stereo system. LOL But its been fixed!!!

$340 shipped each for the pair

$660 shipped for both.

I just want to say.... THIS IS HOW YOU FUCKING SELL SHIT! Stacked this thread up with pictures of everything imaginable for these woofers, and that's what I like to see in a seller. I hope you sell these quick, but at over $6,000 for the pair, it's gonna be hard to get some offers in...These TC subs are gorgeous and I've only hear great things from them, plus, they come from San Diego, so that makes them awesome.
LMFAO hahaha sorry, I wouldnt stop from laughing at your post about how this is how you fucking sell shit. haha

Thanks for Good Luck.

Im almost tempted to cut my $40k truck and do a blow-thru with these.

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Someone buy these before I go out and steal my dad's plasma cutter and cut up a gorgeous expensive *** truck!

Too sweet, wish I had the money for these beauties. Dont think I could ever afford $6560 shipped, tho :/
haha fixed!

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Lol I think your math is wrong bro.
340 each x2 = 680
Offering a discount to sell both to the same person

LMFAO hahaha sorry, I wouldnt stop from laughing at your post about how this is how you fucking sell shit. haha
Well I'm happy to amuse you, but don't get crazy now! That's a gorgeous truck, don't ruin it. It's just bass man, it's not worth it! You got so much more to live for!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Trancer

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
Trancer
Allen, Texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date