Pioneer AVH-P4400BH

doox00
10+ year member

Michigan
AVH-P4400BH

I have only had it installed for 5 days now but so far I am very pleased with this unit. I purchased a new car and decided to replace my cda-9887 with a dd unit with the option for nav later. I almost pulled the trigger on the 4300DVD (even though I really wanted built in bluetooth) and saw these were coming out and found only one online store selling them (few more stores showed up a few days after ordering though with them in stock).

Mazda 6 2009 Grand Touring

AVH-P4400BH

Alpine MRP-F600 4 x 100

Alpine MRP-M1000 1 x1000

6.5" MB Quart Components up front

6.5" MB Quart Components in rear (no tweats installed in back)

2 10" Dayton Audio HO subs

The touch screen is very nice, very responsive, don't have to keep hitting things twice, can even drag your finger to scroll through menus.

Hooked up steering wheel control when I did the install, works flawless, no lag at all. Only thing I have not tested is the bluetooth phone option, I forgot to install the mic, will be doing that in the next few days, paired my EVO to the HU just fine though and streams audio just fine, although I prefer using ipod.

It sounds fantastic even with just the little bit of tweaking I have done, have not used the mic yet to have the deck auto set the eq, not sure if I need to order the one they sell for it or if most any mic will do, need to look into that yet.

Popped Bourne Identity DVD in and played flawlessly, looked great, sounded great no complaints, have not tried a video off my ipod yet, just loaded a few on there tonight.. will give that a try tomorrow.

The UI is very nice, easy on the eyes and easy to navigate and very responsive.. no annoying delays, very happy with it. A number of customizations you can do as well, background images, colors etc.

Ipod controls are great, super easy to navigate, can even navigate by alphabet, just hit the ABC button and hit the letter you want, has normal artist, genre, album etc options for searching, all done easily and quickly. Will show album art as well which is nice.

So far I would highly recommend this unit to anyone looking for something new.

P4400BH-1.jpg

P4400BH-2.jpg

P4400BH-3.jpg

P4400BH-4.jpg

How easy is it to bypass the parking brake?
If it's anything like the 3200 or 4300dvd it's a simple relay and 3 wires iirc. Power, ground and remote. You can buy a prewired ready to go relay on ebay for $10~ shipped.

Good deal. I have never tried fooling around with a double din before so I wasn't sure what all was involved. I think this is a good bet with many positive reviews. I just have to wait until places have them in stock.

just saw this at my local shop for $500 and I thought it was a pretty good deal (that's right around what I see it online for). I have the p4000dvd and this one seems like a solid upgrade. Three 4v preouts too.

I have the same vehicle and have been looking at this unit as well. Any pics in the light so I can see how it blends into the dash?

Mike-G

Here you go
Thanks, Do you have a build log with images or anything like that? Did you have the Bose setup? Did you lose your steering wheel controls like phone and radio controls? I am working out the details on my system and starting to gather all the parts. Going with a 3 way front active setup using Hybrid Audio and I have gotten the sub, SI BM MkIII, for the rear deck. Still working on amps and deciding if I want to go with the MS8 and keep stock HU or go with this HU and skip the MS8.

Here you go
Thanks, Do you have a build log with images or anything like that? Did you have the Bose setup? Did you lose your steering wheel controls like phone and radio controls? I am working out the details on my system and starting to gather all the parts. Going with a 3 way front active setup using Hybrid Audio and I have gotten the sub, SI BM MkIII, for the rear deck. Still working on amps and deciding if I want to go with the MS8 and keep stock HU or go with this HU and skip the MS8.

does it has the video input? i got a apple tv and always have my songs, music videos, and photos stored in that device and i use a regular headrest monitor(with a composite connection since i jailbroken the aTV) i know the 4300 has it, but those the 4400 does too?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

doox00

10+ year member
doox00
Michigan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views