sa10 downfiring ported enclosure help!!!

Husker
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Omaha, Ne
I am currently run a sealed downfiring enclosure with outer dimensions of 13w X 8tall X 22 length, websight says it is .95 cubic foot....

I am going to run a sa10 dual 4 in the same spot but want to do a ported enclosure.... was thinking slot port front?

Can anyone help? I have a few inches to spare that i can go bigger in the length of the box, width and height cant be changed though...

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot builders on here will tell you if can do it or not. Doesn't seem like a lot of room to me. Anyway, try pro-rabbit, mobile enclosures, ram designs.... There's others I'm missing. Do some research on the Dayton HO 10 inch or maybe an SA-8. Dayton's likes small sealed and I think the SA-8 does ok in small ported. Good luck...

worst comes to worst, i will throw it in the sealed enclosure i have now....i am running a mtx rt1000d to the sub so it should sound decent

You already have the SA 10? I didn't mean it was a bad sub. Great subs! Just haven't heard em' in a sealed enclosure that's all. And yeah, you have plenty of input to run sealed and make it sound good.

Just bought it used of caco.... i thought on the sundown website it only asked for a little over 1 cube ported

Well then you should be good. I always go bigger than manufacturer's specs. Always think it sounds better bigger and tuned low (especially SA's). You can get a design for cheap just give one of those guys the dimensions your working with.

By my calcs, your box is only .88 cubes before sub displacement (assuming you are using 3/4 inch wood). I would say external port would work best and if that isn't an option an aero would save you a little space.

i looked at the website i got the box from and it said 7" of clearance so they used 1/2 mdf for this box i am running right now

this box is a center console box that replaces the seat cusion up front in a 2001 ram 2500 quad cab if this helps at all

i used the re website calculater and was able to come up with 1.037, so i should be able to get it done....thats a nice easy calculator on that site!

i used the re website calculater and was able to come up with 1.037, so i should be able to get it done....thats a nice easy calculator on that site!
It's notorious for being inaccurate though. I'd try to use WinISD to confirm results before building one to the specs you get from the RE calc.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.